|Main setting:||22nd century|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|Printed in:||DWBIT 57|
|Release date:||12 November 2008|
|Format:||Comic - Part 1 of 4 (4 pages)|
|DWBIT comic stories|
|The Battle for Time||Flight and Fury|
Opening narration box Edit
The Doctor visits the 22nd Century ...
Travelling alone, the Doctor visits a zoo to take his mind off things. One of the newest attractions is the endangered, intangible Krikoosh. It is a cute, fox-like creature, which because of its unique properties is kept in a specially constructed cage.
The Doctor explains to nearby visitors that the Krikoosh is made of unstable molecules and can pass through solid objects. He is distracted by the approach of a nearby cleaning robot that isn't cleaning anything! He scans the robot with his sonic screwdriver. The casing breaks open and a Dalek is exposed, its cover blown.
The Dalek transmits an ultrasonic sound that drives the other animals (including the Gorrillazons - giant fanged apes) berserk and creates a distraction while it completes its mission and secures the target: the cage and the Krikoosh.
The Doctor cancels out the Dalek signal using his sonic screwdriver over the tannoy system, but the animals do not settle immediately. As the Dalek flies off with the cage, the lions surround the Doctor!
Original print details Edit
- 1/4 DWBIT 57 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED…
- No reprints to date.
- Supporting the series of collectable Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page comic strip of the Tenth Doctor’s adventures.
- The limitation of only four pages meant that stories often lacked depth compared to other regular comic strips running at the same time.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with ‘props’ from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and his intelligent glasses.
to be added