- You may wish to consult
Casualties of Warfor other, similarly-named pages.
In the North Yorkshire village of Hawkswick, it seems that the dead won't stay down. There are reports of horrifically wounded soldiers on manoeuvres in the night. Pets have gone missing, and now livestock is found slaughtered in the fields.
As events escalate, a stranger arrives on the scene. Can this Man from the Ministry solve the mystery of Hawkswick? And can Hawkswick solve the mystery that is this Man from the Ministry?
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Mary Minett
- Dr Banham
- Albert Briggs
- Bill Cromby
- Charlie Skaggs
- Daniel Corey
- Lionel Davies
- Iris Cromby
- John Sykes
- Emma Braithwaite
- Sykes and Collins sing "It's a Long Way to Tipperary".
- The Doctor has read Frankenstein by Mary Shelley.
- Emma saw The Battle of the Somme at the Odeon in Leeds.
- Emma is a Voluntary Aid Detachment.
- The Doctor chained Emmeline Pankhurst to the railings of 10 Downing Street.
- This is the second story in the "Earth Arc".
- The Doctor's note from Fitz Kreiner is still in his pocket. (PROSE: The Burning)
- The Doctor recalls his previous meetings with William Shakespeare. (PROSE: The Empire of Glass, TV: Planet of Evil, TV: City of Death, AUDIO: The Kingmaker, AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks) He would later do so again in COMIC: A Groatsworth of Wit and TV: The Shakespeare Code.
- The Doctor mentions Nitro-9, but soon loses the thought. (TV: Dragonfire)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Casualties of War at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Casualties of War