Changes Everything was the first audio episode of Aliens Among Us. It showed for the first time the barely restored post-Miracle Day Torchwood Three. The story introduced new characters Tyler Steele and Ng and established St John Colchester as a civil servant helping Torchwood back to its feet after being shut down. The story touches upon the themes of refugees and aliens.
Publisher's summary Edit
Tyler Steele has washed up in Cardiff looking for a fresh start. A disgraced journalist, he's looking into the Red Doors movement – are they really behind the terrorist attacks on immigrants? Who is stirring up the racism and hatred in the city, and what does outsourcing contractor 3Sol have to do with it? Tyler finds out that Torchwood - a secret organisation that everyone thought long gone - is back in business. Tyler realises that this is the second chance he's been looking for, and he'll do anything to be a part of it.
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Mr Colchester - Paul Clayton
- Ng - Alexandria Riley
- Tyler Steele - Jonny Green
- The Mayor - Stephen Critchlow
- Vorsun - Ruth Lloyd
- Ng drives a Smart car, which she paid extra to make bulletproof.
- Mr Colchester asked Tyler Steele if Lady Gaga was busy.
- Jack Harkness describes his immortality as "not Beyoncé immortal".
- Tyler hacked Katie Price.
- The Hub steals power from a fusion restaurant across the way, called Thaixicana.
- Tyler bought a Wi-Fi jammer at Newport Road.
- The Bay Express runs several times an hour between Queen Street and the Cardiff Bay.
- Mr Colchester's husband is a Muslim.
- Tyler mentions Brexit.
to be added
- Ng mentions that the city council was planning to build a car park over the Hub. (AUDIO: More Than This)
- Mr Colchester recalls the destruction of the Hub. (TV: Children of Earth: Day One)
- Ng recalls Gwen Cooper's first day at Torchwood. (TV: Day One)
- Jack Harkness tells Tyler how a friend of his once said "No second chances." (TV: The Christmas Invasion)