Unlike other fictional universes, the Doctor Who universe is created solely by fiction. To us, this is a secondary source. Information from this source can only be used in "behind the scenes" sections, or on pages about real world topics.
|Chicks Dig Time Lords: A Celebration of Doctor Who by the Women Who Love It|
|Publisher:||Mad Norwegian Press|
|Editor:||Lynne M. Thomas, Tara O'Shea|
|Release date:||15 March 2009|
|none||Chicks Unravel Time: Women Journey Through Every Season of Doctor Who|
In 2011 it was awarded the Hugo Award for Best Related Work.
Publisher's summary Edit
In Chicks Dig Time Lords, a host of award-winning female novelists, academics and actresses come together to celebrate the phenomenon that is Doctor Who, discuss their inventive involvement with the show's fandom and examine why they adore the series.
These essays will delight male and female readers alike by delving into the extraordinary aspects of being a female Doctor Who enthusiast. Essays include Carole Barrowman discussing what it was like to grow up with her brother John (including the fact that he's still afraid of shop-window dummies), columnist Jackie Jenkins providing a Bridget Jones' Diary-style memoir of working on Doctor Who Magazine, novelist Lloyd Rose analysing Rose's changes between the Ninth and Tenth Doctors and much more.
Other contributors include Elizabeth Bear ("Jenny Casey"), Lisa Bowerman ("Bernice Summerfield"), Mary Robinette Kowal (Shades of Milk and Honey), Jody Lynn Nye ("Mythology" series), Kate Orman (Seeing I), and Catherynne M. Valente (The Orphan's Tales).
Also featured is a comic from the "Torchwood Babiez" creators, plus interviews with Doctor Who companions India Fisher (Charley) and Sophie Aldred (Ace).
Subject matter Edit
- We'll Make Great Pets - Elizabeth Bear
- Time is Relative - Carole E. Barrowman
- Being Jackie Jenkins: Memoirs from A Parallel Universe - Jackie Jenkins
- My Fandom Regenerates - Deborah Stanish
- Adventures in Ocean-Crossing, Margin-Skating and Feminist-Engagement with Doctor Who - Helen Kang
- What's a Girl To Do? - Lloyd Rose
- An Interview With India Fisher
- Costuming: More Productive Than Drugs, But Just as Expensive - Johanna Mead
- Girl Genius: Nyssa of Traken - Francesca Coppa
- An Interview With Sophie Aldred
- Rutle-ing the Doctor: My Long Life in Doctor Who Fandom - Jennifer Adams Kelley
- Marrying Into the TARDIS Tribe - Lynne M. Thomas
- Torchwood Babiez in "Behind the Scenes" - Tammy Garrison & Katy Shuttleworth
- The Digging Chick - Lisa Bowerman
- The Tea Lady - Tara O'Shea
- Hopelessly Devoted to Who - Jody Lynn Nye
- Two Generations of Fangirls in America - Amy Fritsch
- Mathematical Excellence: A Documentary - Seanan McGuire
- The Fanzine Factor - Kathryn Sullivan
- An Interview With Laura Doddington
- Renaissance of the Fandom - Liz Myles
- If I Can't Squee, I Don't Want to be Part of Your Revolution: Crone-ology of an Ageing Fangirl - Kate Orman
- Two Steps Forward, One Step Back: Have We Really Come That Far? - Shoshana Magnet & Robert Smith
- Travelling with the Doctor - Mary Robinette Kowal
- Martha Jones: Fangirl Blues - K. Tempest Bradford
- In Defense of Smut - Christa Dickson
- Regeneration X - Catherynne M. Valente
Notable features Edit
to be added
to be added
to be added