|Child of Time|
|Main character(s):||Honoré Lechasseur|
|Featuring:||Emily Blandish, Dr Smith|
|Main enemy:||Mastho, The Sodality|
|Writer:||George Mann and David J. Howe|
|Read by:||Terry Molloy|
|Release date:||August 2007|
|The Sideways Door||none|
- You may be looking for the DWM comic story The Child of Time.
Child of Time was the eleventh and final book in the Time Hunter series.
Publisher's summary Edit
When Honoré and Emily investigate the bones of a young woman in the ruins of a collapsed house, they are thrown into a thrilling adventure that takes them from London in 1951 to Venice in 1586 and then forward a thousand years, to the terrifying, devastated London of 2586, ruled over by the sinister Sodality.
What is the terrible truth about Emily's forgotten past? What demonic power are the Sodality plotting to reawaken? And who is the mysterious Dr Smith?
All is revealed in the stunning conclusion to the acclaimed Time Hunter series.
Part mystery, part detective story, part dark fantasy, part science fiction ... original adventures in time and space.
- The Cabal of the Horned Beast found a book of ancient magic that enabled them to control Time and summon demons, eventually using the psionic sciences to travel through Time, conducting experiments to breed time-sensitives and time-channellers, and changing their own past to turn the insignificant Cabal into the all-powerful Sodality.
- Slaves of the Sodality have runes carved into their flesh, and some are turned into mechanical hybrids.
- All time-sensitives and time-channellers were created by the Sodality.
- Mastho was first revived by the Sodality in an English village in the 21st century, but travelled back in time to 1586. (HOMEVID: Dæmos Rising)
- Honoré and Emily previously encountered the Cabal of the Horned Beast. (PROSE: The Severed Man)
- The ancient book was used by the Master to summon Azal in Devil's End, (TV: The Daemons) and was stolen by Douglas Cavendish in 2004. (HOMEVID: Dæmos Rising)
- The mechanical hybrids created by the Sodality are similar to Abraxas. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)
- Honoré and Emily haven't spoken for weeks since their encounter with their alternative selves. (PROSE: The Sideways Door)
- Dr Smith and the Cabinet of Light return in this story. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)
- The time-sensitive children created by the Sodality are related to the Peculiar. (PROSE: Peculiar Lives)
- Emily's identity and the cause of her memory loss is revealed. (PROSE: The Cabinet of Light)