Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Writer:||Paul Cornell and Mike Maddox|
|Cover by:||Barry Piggott|
|Release date:||January 2007|
|Format:||4 stories on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|Year of the Pig||Nocturne|
Circular Time was the ninety-first monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. Released in 2007, it was the company's first attempt at an audio anthology in the main monthly range. It featured the Fifth Doctor and Nyssa. Its critical and popular success paved the way for the release's then-unique format to be repeated annually.
The release contained four separate short stories, including:
- Spring by Mike Maddox from a story by Paul Cornell
- Summer by Mike Maddox from an idea by Paul Cornell
- Autumn by Paul Cornell
- Winter by Paul Cornell
The theme of the compilation, as suggested by the title, was the passage of time — specifically the time of the friendship between Nyssa and the Fifth Doctor. A story was taken from each of the major periods of their friendship's life — spring, summer, autumn and winter — to indicate how it matured. Each story was also of a different genre — adventure with aliens on a distant planet, celebrity historical, character piece, and high-concept adventure. Despite the presence of a cohesive theme, however, the stories shared no narrative continuity at all.
- The preview for this story in DWM 378 included an illustration by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 6 and 7 September 2006 at The Moat Studios.
- Official Circular Time page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Circular Time at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide