Circular Time was the ninety-first release in Big Finish's monthly range. The four stories were writen by Mike Maddox and Paul Cornell respectively and featured Peter Davison as the Fifth Doctor and Sarah Sutton as Nyssa.
Released in 2007, it was the company's first attempt at an audio anthology in the main monthly range. Its critical and popular success paved the way for the release's then-unique format to be repeated annually.
- Spring by Mike Maddox from a story by Paul Cornell
- Summer by Mike Maddox from an idea by Paul Cornell
- Autumn by Paul Cornell
- Winter by Paul Cornell
The theme of the compilation, as suggested by the title, was the passage of time — specifically the time of the friendship between Nyssa and the Fifth Doctor. A story was taken from each of the major periods of their friendship's life — spring, summer, autumn and winter — to indicate how it matured. Each story was also of a different genre — adventure with aliens on a distant planet, celebrity historical, character piece, and high-concept adventure. Despite the presence of a cohesive theme, however, the stories shared no narrative continuity at all.
- The preview for this story in DWM 378 included an illustration by Martin Geraghty.
- This audio drama was recorded on 6 and 7 September 2006 at The Moat Studios.
- Official Circular Time page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Circular Time at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide