|City of Spires|
|Main enemy:||The Hirudin, Red Caps|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Andy Hardwick|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||30 April 2010|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Architects of History||The Wreck of the Titan|
City of Spires was the one hundred and thirty-third monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the first part of Big Finish's season for the Sixth Doctor in 2010. In isolation, this story can be seen as the first performed Doctor Who story which featured any incarnation of the Doctor reuniting with Jamie after he had his memories of the Doctor wiped by the Time Lords in The War Games. However, as is made clear in the final story of this trilogy, Legend of the Cybermen, this was not the case; rather it is a sequel to The Mind Robber.
Publisher's summary Edit
Arriving in a hail of musket fire, the Sixth Doctor unexpectedly finds himself in the highlands of Scotland, where the ruthless Black Donald and his band of rebels are fighting the Redcoats. But the highland warriors no longer fight for the Jacobite cause and the English officers answer only to the mysterious Overlord. What has happened to Scotland and why are its moors littered with advanced, oil-pumping technology?
Reunited with his faithful companion Jamie McCrimmon, the Doctor must venture into the sinister City of Spires to find the answers. But standing in his way is the deadly Red Cap...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Jamie McCrimmon - Frazer Hines
- Alice - Georgia Moffett
- Victor - Richard Earl
- Major Heyward - James Albrecht
- Sergeant Rilke - Russell Floyd
- Guthrie - Sam Graham
- Rob - Charlie Ross
- Red Cap - John Banks
to be added
- Jamie's memory of the Doctor, apart from their first adventure, was wiped by the Time Lords at the end of TV: The War Games.
- The Doctor refers to the events of TV: The Highlanders and TV: The War Games, as well as his companions Ben Jackson and Polly Wright.
- The "Phantom Piper" that Jamie thought he saw in TV: The Moonbase is mentioned.
- The Doctor informs Jamie that "the assembled hordes of Genghis Khan couldn't open the TARDIS", much as the Ninth Doctor told Rose Tyler after she first entered the TARDIS. (TV: Rose)
- The Doctor says that he thought Jamie was dead. (COMIC: The World Shapers)
- Guthrie tells the Doctor of a "sorcerer" and his crooked headed maidservant at Lammermoor. He and Jamie met Reverend Merodach at Ravenwood Castle several days later. (AUDIO: Night's Black Agents)
- Official City of Spires page at bigfinish.com
- City of Spires at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for City of Spires at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide