|Place of origin:||Gallifrey|
|Made by:||Time Lords|
|Used by:||Twelfth Doctor, Clara Oswald, Me|
After the Doctor plucked Clara away from her death by the Quantum Shade through the use of an extraction chamber, they retreated into the Cloisters, where they were followed by the General, Ohila and Gastron. Clara distracted the Time Lords while the Doctor escaped and stole this TARDIS. He then piloted it back in time a few minutes to materialise around Clara and rescue her.
The Doctor piloted the TARDIS to the end of the universe, where he was reunited with Me. They discussed the Hybrid, and the Doctor revealed that he planned to wipe Clara's memory of him so that she could live a normal life again and not be found by the Time Lords. However, having listed in on this conversation, Clara used the sonic sunglasses to "reverse the polarity" of the memory-wiping device and revealed this fact when the Doctor and Me entered the TARDIS. Not knowing which one of them wold lose their memory of the other, both Clara and the Doctor held the device. The Doctor ended up wiping his own memory of Clara.
Clara, now on the run from the Time Lords, piloted the TARDIS to Nevada where she dropped the Doctor off in the care of a man. She then recovered the Doctor's TARDIS from London and transported it to Nevada. Clara and Me landed their TARDIS nearby, where it took the form of a diner. The Doctor later came across the diner where Clara was working as a waitress. She gave him a lemonade and he proceeded to tell the story of his adventures on Gallifrey. During his visit, the Doctor indicated that the diner was the same one where he'd once met Amy Pond and Rory Williams, though it had been on the other side of the hill.
After realising there was no way to make the Doctor remember her, Clara farewelled the Doctor, entering the console room of her TARDIS through a rear door in the diner where Me was waiting. The TARDIS dematerialised, leaving behind the Doctor and his own TARDIS. Me later told Clara that she couldn't get the chameleon circuit working, leaving the TARDIS stuck as a diner.
With Clara noting that her death was a fixed point in time, she resolved to return to Gallifrey. However, as she is now effectively immortal, she decided that she had a small amount of "wiggle room" and would travel to Gallifrey "the long way 'round" and could "stop off along the way".
Behind the scenes Edit
- The interior of Clara's TARDIS is a near-replica of the TARDIS set used during the First Doctor's era.
- The console found in Clara's TARDIS is the same console from the First Doctor's era, but repainted white.
- The diner scenes are in fact filmed in the same real-world diner as the one in The Impossible Astronaut, to which the Doctor alludes: Eddie's Diner, in the Cardiff Bay area.
- Hell Bent leaves it ambiguous as to whether the diner seen in The Impossible Astronaut was indeed Clara's TARDIS; although the diner seen in the episode had noticeable differences to Clara's (i.e. the Elvis-adorned door leads to a hallway, not the TARDIS console room), there is precedent throughout the show's history for TARDIS interiors to be reconfigured.
- The exit sign above the doorway of the dinner is an European exit sign, not an American one.