|Code of the Krillitanes|
|Main setting:||London, 2010|
|Release date:||4 March 2010|
|Format:||Paperback, 100 pages|
|The Sontaran Games||Magic of the Angels|
Code of the Krillitanes was a novel written by Justin Richards. It was the fifth Doctor Who Quick Reads release. Although announced for release on 4 March 2010, it was shipped by online retailers to customers as early as mid-February 2010.
Publisher's summary Edit
"I blame those new Brainy Crisps. Since he started eating them, he's been too clever by half."
Can eating a bag of crisps really make you more clever? The company that makes the crisps says so, and they seem to be right. But the Doctor is worried. Who would want to make people more brainy? And why?
With just his sonic screwdriver and a supermarket trolley full of crisps, the Doctor sets out to find the truth. The answer is scary — the Krillitanes are back on Earth, and everyone is at risk! Last time they took over a school.
This time they have hijacked the internet. Whatever they are up to, it's big and it's nasty. Only the Doctor can stop them — if he isn't already too late...
- Tenth Doctor
- Sir Manning Cross
- Miss Sark
- Spike's mum
- Sales assistant
- Taxi Driver
- Super Krillitanes
Cultural references from the real world Edit
- Spike and other children speak about Einstein's Theory.
- In the Doctor's office as a fake manager, there is a painting by JMW Turner.
- The Doctor is seen looking longingly at a bag of Jelly Babies when he is in the supermarket.
- According to the Doctor, custard creams and Garibaldi biscuits "are the best".
- The Doctor is fresh from a trip to planet Coco-Notix Five.
- The Doctor finds the Krillitanes interesting.
- The Doctor states the TARDIS links up to local networks when it lands.
- This was the final Tenth Doctor novel until In the Blood was released in 2016.
- This was the final Tenth Doctor Quick Reads novella, as it was published months after David Tennant's final appearance on the series. It appeared one month before the New Series Adventures line moved into the Eleventh Doctor era. The first Eleventh Doctor Quick Reads novella, Magic of the Angels, was released two years later in 2012.
- The book continued the theme followed by the solo Tenth Doctor adventures published since the previous Quick Reads book of featured alien races from the TV series.
- A new logo for the Doctor Who franchise was unveiled in October 2009. Its use by the BBC began on promotions and merchandise began in January 2010. There was some overlap for remnant Tenth Doctor-related merchandise, such as this book, which was published two months after the end of the Tennant era on television. Barring the announcement of other releases using it, this book may end up being the last piece of literary merchandise to use the logo introduced in 2005 (with later modifications).
- This novella was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor recalls the events of TV: School Reunion.
- The Doctor guesses it is time for London Olympics (TV: Fear Her) but he discovers he's still in 2010.
- The Doctor in inkognito adopts the alias of John Smith. (TV: Spearhead from Space onwards)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Code of the Krillitanes at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Code of the Krillitanes