a real world point of view
|Doctor Who: Cold Blooded War!|
|Main enemy:||Draconian Assassins|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Writer:||Richard Starkings, Gary Russell (story)|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who: Cold blooded War!|
|Release date:||August 2009|
|Format:||American comic book - one-shot|
|Doctor Who - IDW mini-series and one-shots|
|Room with a Deja View||Black Death White Life|
Publisher's summary Edit
In this standalone tale, the Doctor and Donna attempt to broker a peace plan between two very hierarchical and pompous alien races, the Draconians and Ice Warriors. But their best efforts are derailed by someone who stands to gain from the continued conflict. Written by TV show story editor Gary Russell with art by Adrian Salmon.
To be added
- The Doctor makes reference to his fourth incarnation and Leela.
- The comic marks the return of the Draconians and the Ice Warriors.
- Alpha Centauri makes a cameo appearance.
- The Shadow Proclamation is mentioned.
- An Adipose makes a cameo appearance as a newsreporter.
- The title page shows the comic's title as Cold Blooded War!, but the cover page hyphenates Cold-Blooded.
- Donna Noble once again appears as the Doctor's companion; the IDW standalone series of comics is not being published in chronological order.
- Reprinted in the graphic novel Through Time and Space.
- Russel T Davies was not going to introduce the Ice Warriors into the revived series of Doctor Who, although they have been mentioned in those episodes.
Cover Gallery Edit
- Few clues are given as to when in Donna Noble's travels with the Doctor that this occurs. Her somewhat snarky demeanour, a trait that lessened considerably later in her travels, would suggest this took place early on.
- Several alien races are revealed to have some form of news media: the Draconians, the Ice Warriors, and even the Adipose.
- The Doctor states that he is a nobleman of the Draconian Empire, as he did in TV: Frontier in Space. In the earlier story, he reveals that he was given that title after performing a service for the empire on a previous visit to Draconia.