|Main enemy:||Nazis, Elizabeth Klein|
|Main setting:||Colditz Castle, October 1944|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Toby Richards and Emily Baker|
|Sound:||Toby Richards and Emily Baker|
|Cover by:||Clayton Hickman|
|Release date:||October 2001|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Eye of the Scorpion||Primeval|
Publisher's summary Edit
Two intruders are captured in the grounds of Colditz Castle, the most secure Prisoner of War camp in Germany.
At first, the guards think they're dealing with British spies. But the strangers arrived in an advanced travelling machine, the like of which they've never seen before.
to be added
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Ace - Sophie Aldred
- Elizabeth Klein - Tracey Childs
- Kurtz - David Tennant
- Hauptmann Julius Schäfer - Toby Longworth
- Flying Officer Bill Gower - Nicholas Young
- Timothy Wilkins - Peter Rae
- Prisoner/Guard - Neil Corry
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor is shot in the shoulder. The bullet works its way out of his body overnight.
- Ace refers to the Stone Roses.
- When the Doctor and Ace arrive, they are shouted at in German.
- In Klein's future, the Nazis won the war by working out nuclear weapons based on Ace's CD Walkman's laser.
- The character Feldwebel Kurtz is played by David Tennant, who portrayed the Tenth Doctor in the BBC Wales series from 2005 to 2010. This was the first time that he had a role in Doctor Who in any medium; he would play a number of roles for Big Finish before eventually landing his role as the Doctor in 2005.
- The character of Elizabeth Klein returns as a companion-cum-ally in adversity to the Seventh Doctor in the audio story A Thousand Tiny Wings.
- It is unknown to what extent Klein's erasure from the timeline in the audio story The Architects of History altered the events of this story. It was briefly mentioned by the new version of Klein that the Doctor had visited Colditz Castle in 1944, but his experiences there must have been substantially different due to the absence of the original Dr. Klein.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 May 2001.
- Ace says that she hates Nazis. (TV: Silver Nemesis, PROSE: Timewyrm: Exodus)
- Ace got her CD walkman from Paul Tanner in 2002. (AUDIO: The Fearmonger)
- Ace listens to Danny Pain on her walkman. (PROSE: No Future, PROSE: Happy Endings)
- The Doctor would later learn what happened to his other self from Klein in 1953. (AUDIO: Klein's Story)
- The Seventh Doctor would later use the alias "Johann Schmidt" in an alternative timeline in May 1951 (PROSE: Timewyrm: Exodus), as would the Eighth Doctor while aboard the British airship R101 on 5 October 1930 (AUDIO: Storm Warning).
- Ace later described Feldwebel Kurtz's death as one of the worst things that she had ever seen. (AUDIO: The Rapture)
- Ace later decided to begin using that name again after visiting Ibiza in May 1997. (AUDIO: The Rapture)
- The Eighth Doctor would later tell his companion Charley Pollard about his escape from Colditz Castle. (AUDIO: Zagreus)
- Official Colditz page at bigfinish.com; note that it is out of print and is available as download only.
- Colditz at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Colditz at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide