Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Coming to America|
|Originally broadcast on:||BBC Three|
|Broadcast with:||The Impossible Astronaut|
|Original broadcast date:||23 April 2011|
|Doctor Who Confidential|
|Christmas Special 2010||Breaking the Silence|
Aspects of production covered Edit
Additional topics covered Edit
- Choosing of iconic elements of America, like Monument Valley, the yellow school bus.
- Shooting locations: Monument Valley, Utah; Lone Rock Beach, Lake Powell, Arizona
- Filming on location in America and starting off by saying farewell.
People interviewed Edit
- Matt Smith - The Doctor
- Karen Gillan - Amy Pond
- Arthur Darvill - Rory Williams
- Alex Kingston - River Song
- Stuart Milligan - Richard Nixon
- William Morgan Sheppard - older Canton Delaware
- Steven Moffat - Head writer / Executive producer
- Toby Haynes - Director
- Stephan Pehrsson - Director of Photography
- Beth Willis - Executive Producer
- Piers Wenger - Executive Producer
- David Mason - Line Producer, USA
- Marcus Wilson - Producer
- Michael Pickwoad - Production Designer
- Scott Fisher - Charge Hand
to be added
Elements retained in Cut Down Edit
The cut down episode retained an intro with Nixon; interview clips with Toby Haynes, Steven Moffat, Marcus Wilson, Stephan Pehrsson, and Alex Kingston; behind the scene footage from location shoots in Utah and Arizona; behind the scenes footage with Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and Arthur Darvill.
Home video releases Edit
The "Cut Down" version appears on disc 6 of the Series Six DVD set.