This article is written from
a real world point of view
a real world point of view
Conversion (audio story)
|Featuring:||President Karen Brett|
|Main enemy:||Cybermen, Cyber-Planner, The Android Horde|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Cover by:||Stuart Manning|
|Release date:||December 2005|
Publisher's summary Edit
Fear is Humanity's greatest enemy. The Cybermen can free us from it.
THERE IS NOTHING TO FEAR...
to be added
- Paul Hunt / Android - Barnaby Edwards
- Samantha Thorn - Hannah Smith
- Liam Barnaby - Mark McDonnell
- President Karen Brett / The Cyber-Leader - Sarah Mowat
- Prime Reordin / Newscaster - Toby Longworth
- Vice-Admiral Charles Hendry / Spavin - Ian Brooker
- Brynner - Samantha Sanns
- The Cybermen / The Cyber-Planner / The Cyber-Leader - Nicholas Briggs
- After being captured by the Cybermen, Paul Hunt was partially converted on the orders of the Cyber-Planner.
- Samantha Thorn is aware that Liam Barnaby is attracted to her.
- President Karen Brett has ordered Cybermen to be deployed among the Earth Empire's internal security forces. She has assigned cybernetic commando units to keep the peace in all major population centres on Earth, supposedly in order to protect the people from retaliation by the increasingly desperate androids.
- On the instructions of the Cyber-Planner, Karen Brett declares martial law throughout Earth and announces that she intends to personally lead the final assault against the Android Horde in the Orion system.
- On the Scorpius Seabed Base, Karen Brett undergoes complete cyber-conversion.
- Antares is the flagship of the android fleet. It is under the command of Prime Reordin.
- Androids are capable of vomiting.
- The androids are considering committing genocide against humanity in order to deprive the Cybermen of their "raw material."
- Prior to being deported to the Orion system, certain androids served as doctors to humans. This practice had ended by the time that Barnaby was born.
- Androids live significantly longer than humans.
- This audio drama was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- Hunt leaves a message for President Duncan Levinson telling him that he was right and that he must cancel Scorpius. (AUDIO: Scorpius)
- Hunt recalls Karen Brett's reaction to seeing a Cyberman for the first time on Reticek IV and the death of her parents. (AUDIO: Scorpius)
- Samantha tells Prime Reordin about the Sword of Orion incident in the Garazone system in 2503. (AUDIO: Sword of Orion)
- The Cybermen's Master Hibernation Vault is located on Telos. (TV: The Tomb of the Cybermen)
- Official Conversion page at bigfinish.com
- Detailed synopsis of Conversion at the Doctor Who Reference Guide