|Main enemy:||Thrunn, Larry Haxton Jr|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Return of the Klytode||Mudshock|
The TARDIS lands in the middle of a nasty alien invasion — a huge green "slavering alien fiend" has a pretty lady captive in one of its many tentacles. The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to blow a fire hydrant and in the chaos the woman is released.
The lady, Betty, didn't need rescuing — the Doctor has landed on a film set. The "two-bit" film director, Larry Haxton Jr., is furious that the filming of his film, The Blob from Beyond, has been halted, and the Doctor is removed and thrown off the set.
Betty apologises for her behaviour earlier and offers to show the Doctor why the monster on set looks so convincing. The creature is not a special effect, but a Thrunn. Two Thrunn crashed in the desert six months earlier and while one is kept trapped on their spaceship, the other is forced to work on the film.
The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to release the acting creature, who leads him back to his ship. There he is reunited with his travelling partner. Haxton arrives ready to fight and to defend his movie, but is scared off by the appearance out of thin air of the Thrunn’s agent, a terrifying two tongued creature.
After Haxton has fled, and the Thrunn have left safely, the Doctor explains that he created the third creature using the ship's in-flight holo-projector, his own piece of cinematic trickery with real special effects.
- The Doctor uses his sonic screwdriver to set off a water hydrant and to release the Thrunn.
- The Doctor is featured wearing his blue suit and brown coat in this strip.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 155 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK Mudshock!
to be added