Creatures from the Deep is a Doctor Who Adventures comic strip published in 2013.
Having landed the TARDIS in the sea the Doctor and Clara have donned bathing costumes and have joined the ever-growing number of tourists enjoying the bubbly seas and beaches of the planet Florana. When her back is turned though, the Doctor is dragged beneath the water and secured in a cage. Clara returns to the TARDIS to retrieve a diving suit before attempting a rescue but is soon captured alongside the Doctor and taken aboard an underwater craft. The Doctor recognises their squid-like captors as Teuthida and is surprised to find them so near the surface of the water. The Teuthida explain that the increasing noise from the surface is disrupting life below the waves. The Teuthida have developed protective suits to enable them to travel upwards to explore the surface to find out what all the noise is about. Rather than attempting to get all the tourists to whisper, the Doctor has a better idea and, getting the Teuthida to all put on their suits he encourages them to go up to the surface to play. As the Teuthida frolic in their new "Outer Space" the tourists begin to think they might re-consider next times holiday destination for something much less crowded.
- The Doctor has visited Florana before, commenting "it never used to be this crowded."
- The Teuthida vessel has an oxygen atmosphere, inside which the Teuthida need to wear their protective suits.
- Page 2 of this comic story featured interactive imagery with the aid of Blipp it.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 337 (4 pages) More adventures next time
- No reprints to date.
- The Second Doctor was seen wearing a bathing costume and splashing around in the sea in TV: The Enemy of the World.
- The Third Doctor described Florana to Sarah Jane Smith to convince her to continue travelling with him. (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs)