Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cybermen: The Early Years|
|Subject:||Black & White-era Cybermen|
|Original release date:||6 July 1992|
|Daleks: The Early Years||The Tom Baker Years|
- Presented by - Colin Baker
- With - Roy Skelton, Morris Barry, Wendy Padbury
- Doctor Who theme composed by Ron Grainer
- Theme arranged and performed by Keff McCulloch
- Production assistant - Ingrid Taylor
- Make-up - Erika Wareing
- Cameraman - Mike Winser
- Post production - Ace Editing
- Sound - Tim Davies
- Lighting - Ian Dow
- Written and produced by John Nathan-Turner
- This was one of a series of videos produced by John Nathan-Turner intended to release rare episodes and incomplete serials, as well as interviews and other extras that wouldn't have seen a video release at the time.
- All British releases were handled by BBC Worldwide, Australasian releases by Polygram and American releases by CBS/Fox.
- The video was classified "U" in the UK and "PG" for "Low Level Violence" in Australia.
- It was released on 06/07/1992 in the UK, 1993 in North America and on 10/03/1993 in Australia.
- The arrangement of the Doctor Who theme used for this and succeeding Years releases was originally arranged by Keff McCulloch for the 1989 album Doctor Who: Variations on a Theme.
- In Colin Baker's introduction to the second episode of The Moonbase, he incorrectly says, "Jamie is seriously unwell, having contracted the disease." (In the story, Jamie had been knocked unconscious after a fall on the lunar surface.)
Six similar videos were later released up to 1994. They were:
- The Hartnell Years
- The Troughton Years
- The Pertwee Years
- Daleks: The Early Years
- The Tom Baker Years
- The Colin Baker Years
In 1993, the BBC refused to fund production of The Davison Years and The McCoy Years.[source needed]