|Cover date:||5 April - 18 April 2006|
|Format:||36 full colour pages stapled|
Free gift Edit
- Six-Piece Doctor Who Stationery set comprised of tin case, pen, pencil, ruler, eraser and sharpener.
Fact File (Photo feature and Essential Info) Edit
Comic content Edit
- Which Switch? (Part One) (6 pages split up into 4 and 2)
Tales from the TARDIS Edit
- Rose Tyler's top ten scary moments!
The Doctor's Data (Collectable Fact File) Edit
- File 01: Daleks
Adventure Guide (Photofeature) and Behind the scenes Feature Edit
- A3 "EXTERMINATE!" Daleks in The Parting of the Ways - montage featuring two gold Daleks
- A4 "Where are we going first?!" Rose Tyler in The Christmas Invasion - featuring Rose Tyler
- A4 "Moisturise me! Moisturise me!" Lady Cassandra in The End of the World - featuring Cassandra
Additional features Edit
- Welcome (including latest news/ preview teaser)
- Who's News
- Preview for New Earth
- Find in this issue hidden somewhere a materialising rogue Dalek to win a Doctor Who TARDIS clock!
- TARDIS Inbox
- Featuring readers letters, photos, artwork
- Make It
- Cut out and make Slitheen Mask
- Puzzle Pages / Fun stuff
- Humour: 'Things to do with a defeated enemy (1)' Use a dried out Cassandra as a beach towel (by Christopher Cooper)
- Competition Goodies: Remote controlled Daleks, sets of audio CDs from the BBC, sets of Doctor Who books, and Doctor Who games
- Coupon Competition to win a life-size Dalek
- Assistant Editor: Moray Laing
- Senior Designer: Paul Lang
- Designer: Lee Midwinter
- Picture Editor: Shaila Bux
- Editorial Assistant: Olivia McLearon
Hidden Away / Facts Edit
- This magazine can be recycled: "AND REMEMBER, SYCORAX ROCK!"
- The eyestalk of the Dalek is the easiest part of a Dalek to destroy.
- The rocky inside of the Sycorax spaceship was actually filmed in the heart of Clearwell Caves in the Forest of Dean.
Additional details Edit
- Published every two weeks on a Thursday, this issue had a cover price of £1.99 (UK). The first three issues were all tagged as NEW and featured a foil logo.
- The speech bubble on the cover from the Doctor declaring "Fantastic first issue!" echoes the first issue of Doctor Who Magazine, then a weekly comic launched back in October 1979.
- This first issue was launched about the same time as Doctor Who Series 2, continuing interest from the Christmas Special and generating new interest by offering previews of forthcoming stories.
- A nod to the classic series was the fact file on the Doctor, which included a brief note and picture of all nine of his previous bodies and the idea of regeneration, which had occurred at the end of the previous series.
- The subscription offer for this issue was a saving of over £6 (UK) and a free copy of the Doctor Who Annual 2006.
- The Who Shop International, London was giving away a free book from the classic series of Doctor Who (i.e. a Target novelisation) to all customers spending over £10 and presenting there copy of Doctor Who Adventures Magazine.
- Next issue's free gift is named as a Slitheen Gas Exchange! and holographic stickers.