the magazine for the week beginning 12 May 2011.
Free gift Edit
- Whoppe Cushion and a packet of Doctor Who Monster Invasion Trading Cards
Information / Fact File (Photo feature and Essential Info) Edit
Comic content Edit
Mega Moments (best bits) Edit
Fast Facts Edit
Behind the scenes Edit
- None this issue
- Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill and Hugh Bonneville - "I'm a huge fan of pirates!"
- Gallifreyans, while looking human, are more closely related to Terileptils – a race of space-faring reptiles!
- The Doctor's blood is darker and more sticky than human blood.
- Blackbeard the pirate was born Edward Teach in Bristol. He used candles in his beard to scare others and died in November 1718 in a battle with the Royal Navy.
- "Swashbuckling" originally meant fighting with a sword in one hand and a small shield in the other.
- "Avast" means "halt" or "stop"!
- "Pieces of Eight" were pieces of silver that could be cut up into eight pieces for small change.
Also featuring Edit
- Welcome and news (Hello Time Travellers!)
- Geronimo: Gossip: Spoilers, True or False, What is going on in a brain?, Hot or not
- Big Puzzle: Monster Maze (2 pages)
- Puzzle page and Quiz
- Activity: How to be a Pirate!
- Readers contributions: Who and You Upload - featuring reader's letters, photos, and art.
- Doctor, Doctor! (Q &A)
- Jokes: Yo Ho Ho! Pirate themed joke page
- Competition Goodies (Doctor Who: Glow-in-the-dark ceiling shapes, Lego Hero Factory and X-ray Anatomy toys)
- Web Watch (DWA website news)
...and their official pirate names!
- Editor: Natalie Barnes Cap'n Betty Deadweight
- Deputy Editor: Paul Laing Tiny Hugo Smithe
- Production Editor: Liza Millett Keel-Haulin' Xena Bonny
- Acting Senior Art Editor: Lee Midwinter Armless Tad Slasher
Hidden Away / Facts Edit
- Women onboard a pirate ship were considered to be bad luck.
Further information Edit
- The subscription offer for this issue was £6 for six issues and a saving of 10% (UK).
- This issue had a cover price of £2.50 (UK) and the free gift was cover mounted.
- Next issue's free gift is promoted as a Doctor Who book!