the magazine for the week beginning 5 January 2012.
Free gift Edit
- Postcard notebook and pen
Information / Fact File (Photo feature and Essential Info) Edit
- FACTFILE: The Doctor's great escapes
- FACTFILE: Gardener's World
- RIVER'S DIARY: Episode 5 The Rebel Flesh
- FACTILE: 2012
Comic content Edit
Mega Moments (favourite scene told as a photo-feature) Edit
Fast Facts Edit
- FACTFILE: Crime Watch
- TARDIS SCANNER: Harvester
- A3 The Impossible Astronaut
- A4 The Doctor
- A4 ULTIMATE MONSTER Max Capricorn
- A4 TARDIS SCANNER: Harvester
- A4 FAST FACT: Minotaur
Behind the scenes Edit
- Backstage filming on set for The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe
Also featuring Edit
- Welcome and news (Hello Time Travellers!)
- Geronimo: Gossip: What's new, True or False, Hot or not
- Puzzle page and Quiz
- Readers contributions: Who and You Upload - featuring reader's letters, photos, and art.
- Doctor, Doctor! (Q &A)
- Competition Goodies (Radio Controlled Dalek Drone, Character Options 5" figures - Roman Auton, Smiler, Weeping Angel, Cyberman Pandorica Guard, Peter the Winder and Francesco the Vampire)
- Competition: Design the Doctor a new hat
With their favourite thing from the last 250 isues
- Editor: Natalie Barnes All the sweets in the office!
- Deputy Editor: Paul Laing the creation of Mrs Tinkle – one day we will tell that twisted story.
- Production Editor: Liza Millett The use of commas in issue 187 was especially good.
- Senior Art Editor: Nikki Davies The Hath poster
- Deputy Senior Art Editor: Lee Midwinter Aggressive salmon
Hidden Away / Facts Edit
- WHO SAID: "I thought we were playing hide and seek. I've been hiding for hours!" Young Rory in Let's Kill Hitler.
- A new Quick Reads book entitled Magic of the Angels is published along with Monstrous Missions and Step Back in Time fiction.
- The famous escapologist Harry Houdini apparently taught the Doctor how to compress his muscles to escape.
- The Minotaur fed on people's faith, and made them "Praise him!"
- The Androzani harvesters came from Androzani Major, where in 5345 travelling in time was not unusual, to Harvest Tree Farm 457.
- In 2012, the Doctor carried the Olympic torch, Henry Van Statten had a Dalek in storage, Adam was returned home and Charles Dickens was born 200 years ago.
Further information Edit
- In promoting this issue's free gift (in this issue and last), it is referred to as "Postcard Notebook and Pen". Actually it should be plural as four postcards are included.
- The subscription offer for this issue was four issues for £1, then a saving of 25% (six months for £49.99) (UK).
- This issue had a cover price of £2.99 (UK) and the free gift was cover mounted.
- Next issue's free gift is promoted as a monster puzzle cube.