|Cover date:||3 May - 16 May 2006|
|Format:||36 full colour pages stapled|
Free gift Edit
- A TARDIS hanging wall clock (or a radio if you picked up a copy in Tesco's supermarket)
Fact File (Photo feature and Essential Info) Edit
Comic content Edit
- Under the Volcano - Part One (6 pages split up into 4 and 2)
Tales from the TARDIS Edit
- Jackie Tyler's top five moments!
- Nicholas Briggs - Man of Voices
The Doctor's Data (Collectable Fact File) Edit
- File 03: TARDIS
Adventure guide and behind the scenes feature Edit
- A3'"Affirmative mistress!"' K9 in School Reunion
- A4 "Hoooooooowwl!" Werewolf in Tooth and Claw (montage featuring the Tenth Doctor, the Moon and the Werewolf)
- A4 "The mistress is beautiful!" Chip in New Earth
Additional features Edit
- Welcome (including latest news/ preview teaser)
- Who's News
- Preview for The Girl in the Fireplace
- Preview for Rise of the Cybermen
- Find in this issue hidden somewhere a Werewolf to win a Doctor Who TARDIS clock!
- TARDIS Inbox
- Featuring readers letters, photos, artwork
- Make It
- Cut out and make K9
- Puzzle Pages / Fun stuff
- Humour: 'Things to do with a defeated enemy (3)' Use a Slitheen hidden in your sofa as an expensive Whoopee cushion (by Christopher Cooper)
- Competition Goodies: Doctor Who DVDs, Horrible Science kits, Bug Catchers, sets of Sonic X figures
- Draw a monster Competition to win a family ticket to the Doctor Who Up Close Exhibition in Cardiff.
- Bonus token for a chance to win a life-size Dalek.
- Assistant Editor: Moray Laing
- Senior Designer: Paul Lang
- Picture Editor: Shaila Bux
- Editorial Assistant: Olivia McLearon
Hidden Away / Facts Edit
- This magazine can be recycled: "It's full moon. Hoooooowwl!"
- Frau Clovis: "Winning does NOT imply friendship with the Duke of Manhattan!"
- The fight co-ordinator for the Kung-Fu monks played Leonardo in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles films.
- Tooth and Claw saw the Doctor without his tie for the first time.
- K9 was created by Bob Baker and Dave Martin.
- At the end of School Reunion, Sarah Jane Smith was left with the fourth version of K9.
Additional details Edit
- Published every two weeks on a Thursday, this issue had a cover price of £1.99 (UK). The first three issues were all tagged as NEW and featured a foil logo.
- The subscription offer for this issue was a saving of over £6 (UK). No other was incentive offered.
- This issue's free gift of a TARDIS clock was selotaped to the cover; some issues were missing the "Police Public Call Box" sticker above the TARDIS door.
- Next issue's free gift is named as a radio (unless you buy your copy at Tesco's in which case you'll get the TARDIS clock from last issue. having got the radio last time!).
- The need to offer an alternative free gift is believed to be attributed to Tesco's needing to re-plan their display of the magazine because of its bulky size.
- The TARDIS noise "VWORP! VWORP!" in the comic strip is an established sound used in the Doctor Who Magazine comic strips and originating in the Target Books range of novelisations.
- This cover as well as that of DWA 5 were expanded and used at the Doctor Who Exhibition in Cardiff.