|Cover date:||13 December 2007 - 3 January 2008|
|Format:||48 full colour pages stapled|
Free gift Edit
- This bumper 48 page issue's free gifts included; 2 monster face masks (Weeping Angel and Judoon),a TARDIS key ring, a pencil and pencil topper, holographic stickers and a cool 2008 calendar (although the cool 2008 calendar was only a double sided six-months to view, centre page pull out poster!).
Fact File (Photo feature and Essential Info) Edit
- Earth Attacks
Comic content Edit
- A Klytode Christmas (Part Two) (6 pages)
Tales from the TARDIS Edit
- From: TV: Last of the Time Lords - Featuring Martha Jones leaving the Doctor and the arrival of the Titanic!
The Doctor's Data (Collectable Fact File) Edit
- Empress of the Racnoss (Number 37 is not given):
Behind the Scenes (Confidential Extra) Edit
- CGI and ageing the Doctor
New Who Preview Edit
- A4 Unnamed publicity shot from TV: Voyage of the Damned featuring the Heavenly Host Angels, Astrid Peth and the Doctor.
- A4 Unnamed publicity shot from TV: Voyage of the Damned featuring a dinner suited Doctor.
- A3 "EXTERMINATE!" - montage featuring Cult of Skaro.
- A4 "I'm taking CONTROl!" - The Master in TV: The Sound of Drums - featuring the Master.
Also: Pull-out centre-page, six-month view, double-sided 2008 calendar.
Additional features Edit
- Welcome (including latest news/ preview teaser)
- Find in this issue hidden somewhere a Sycorax spaceship to win a Doctor Who Go Glow night light torch!
- Time Agent Tracker (Scoreboard) Sheet to record your report on the Christmas Special, TV: Voyage of the Damned).
- Top five reasons for loving Doctor Who at Christmas.
- Top ten scares from Seies 3 as chosen by readers Number 1: Weeping Angels)
- Toclafane baubles for the tree.
- Weeping Angel Christmas tree decoration.
- Quiz: Jackie Tyler's Christmas Quiz
- Puzzle Pages
- Including 2 page illustrated spread of a shopping mall (by Christopher Cooper) featuring, find the crackers.
- Who Knows (Questions and Answers)
- Monster Gallery / Time Agent Upload
- featuring reader's letters, photos, and art.
- Competition Goodies: Alvin and the Chipmunks goodie bag, Mario and Sonic Olympic game and Hot Wheels: Spin City set.
- Bumper competition (answer the question “Who says “Exterminate””?) to win one of three bundles of Doctor Who goodies with a value over £350 (UK) including: a radio controlled Dalek, Ready Bed, Uno card game, Shaker Maker, Go Glow, sonic screwdriver, the Master's Laser screwdriver, a Judoon keyring, , 6” figures of the Judoon Captain, Scarecrow, Martha Jones, and the Doctor, the Face of Boe, Satan Pit and Daleks in Manhattan Set, electronic flight-control TARDIS, TARDIS model-making kit, Cyberman shower radio, Dalek Sec voice changer mask, Cyberman voice changer mask, Doctor Who Time Travel Book and finally Series 3 DVD box set!!
Also listing: what they would buy the Doctor for Christmas?
- Editor: Moray Laing, A subscription to DWA!
- Art Editor: Paul Lang, A Mars selection box
- Senior Writer: Annabel Gibson, laser screwdriver
- Picture Editor: Shaila Bux , New socks for his trainers
- Production Editor: Ed Lomas, A satsuma
- Sub-Editor: Mel Bezalel, Knitted jumper of a snowy TARDIS!
- Editorial Assistant: Olivia McLearon, A journal
- Christmas Helper: Donna Noble, Me as his companion!
Hidden Away / Facts Edit
- This magazine can be recycled: "And a Merry Christmas to all of you at home!"
- Jackie Tyler: "Oh, don't mind me love, I'm just filling in for Frau Clovis while she waits in for the gas man. I'll take your entries."
- RMS Titanic was an ocean liner that hit an iceberg in 1912 and sank.
- The Doctor said “Merry Christmas” to us all in an episode on Christmas Day, 1965.
- All the scenes in the TARDIS have the sounds added after filming.
- The Sycorax word “Gatzaa” translate as both “human” and “cattle”.
- The Weeping Angels aren't actually crying; they are hiding their eyes from each other.
- The Graske were first spotted at Christmas in 2005 while on a kidnapping spree.
- The Doctor lost his right hand fighting the Sycorax before growing another.
- The Judoon use plasma-coil technology to move the Royal Hope Hospital to the Moon.
- Dalek ear-lights were originally blue, but they looked like police car lights so were changed to white.
Additional details Edit
- This issue was dedicated to the memory of Verity Lambert.
- To help promote the Christmas special and announce the return of the Doctor to the screen, this issue featured two covers; one with the Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) and the other with his companion Astrid Peth (Kylie Minogue).
- Usually published every two weeks on a Thursday, this bumper 48 page issue had a cover price of £2.99 (UK), was available in two covers, and had a slightly longer publication break. The next issue will be available for sale on 3 January 2008 (three weeks).
- A full page is given over to the news that Doctor Who Adventures magazine is going WEEKLY! More details next issue!
- The subscription offer for this issue was a saving of over £9 (UK). No other incentive is offered.
- This issue and its free gifts were bagged.
- Next issue's free gifts are listed as a Dalek yo-yo and holographic stickers.