|Cover date:||9 December 1992|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- 'Behind the Frame: The Early Strips' by John Ainsworth
- When did the comic strips start and who created them? To find out, John Ainsworth talks to artists Bill Mevin and John Canning, as well as TV Comic editor Dick Millington.
- Frame Count: The First Doctor by John Ainsworth
- John Ainsworth begins a complete rundown of the Doctor's comic strip adventures. This issue: The Hartnell Years
Comic strip Reprints Edit
- Gemini Plan (Countdown issues 1-5)
- Timebenders (Countdown issues 6-13)
- The Vogan Slaves Part 1 (Countdown issues 15-18)
- The Amaryll Challenge Parts 1-4 (TV Century 21 issues 18-21)
Free Giant Poster Edit
- Tenth anniversary photo-shot of the Third Doctor (see insert cover image)
Pull Out Poster Edit
- Editor: Gary Russell
- Designers: Peri Godbold and Gary Gilbert
- Traffic Controller: Louise Cassell
- Consultants: John Ainsworth, Richard Landen, Seigi Longman, Andrew Pixley, Stephen James Walker and Martin J. Wiggins
- Production: Julie Pickering and Chris McCormack
- Promotions: Fiona Moscatelli
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Editor in Chief: Paul Neary
Additional details Edit
- The cover artwork featured on this issue was by Alister Pearson.
- All the comic strips reprinted in Doctor Who Classic Comics were digitally cleaned up and reproduced as they were originally published, complete with captioning appropriate to the original source. The only changes made to the comic strips were that many were presented in full colour for the first.
- Comic historian John Ainsworth provided articles throughout Doctor Who Classic Comics, covering in unprecedented detail the history and a guide to the Doctor's comic strip adventures which regularly appeared in a number of linked TV Comic titles prior to the launch of Doctor Who Magazine title.
- This issue did not feature a letters page but a 'Classic Communications' page (a one page advert for next issue and DWM 194.