|Cover date:||3 February 1993|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
- Behind the Frame: TV Action + Countdown! by John Ainsworth
- As the Doctor Who comic strip moved from Countdown to TV Action, John Ainsworth notes a downward trend culminating in the return of the strip to TV.
- Frame Count: The Third Doctor (Part 1) by John Ainsworth
Comic Strip Reprints Edit
- The Extortioner (TV Comic issues 784-787)
- The Penta Ray Factor Parts 5-8 (TV Century 21 issues 29-32)
- Plague of Death Parts 1 & 2 (TV Century 21 issues 33-34)
Free Giant Poster Edit
Pull Out Poster Edit
- Companion Peri Brown (Nicola Bryant), taken during location filming at Butser Ancient Farm, Chalton, Hampshire of The Mysterious Planet
Also featuring Edit
- Collected Quotes (Letters Page)
- Editor: Gary Russell
- Designer: Gary Gilbert
- The Daemon: Louise Cassell
- Consultants: John Ainsworth, Dennis Hooper, Richard Landen, Seigi Longman, Andrew Pixley, Stephen James Walker and Martin J. Wiggins
- Production: Julie Pickering and Chris McCormack
- Promotions: Fiona Moscatelli
- Advertising: Jane Smale
- Senior Editor: John Freeman
- Editor in Chief: Paul Neary
Additional details Edit
- The cover artwork featured on this issue was by Steve Sampson.
- All the comic strips reprinted in Doctor Who Classic Comics were digitally cleaned up and reproduced as they were originally published, complete with captioning appropriate to the original source. The only changes made to the comic strips were that many were presented in full colour for the first.
- Comic historian John Ainsworth provided articles throughout Doctor Who Classic Comics, covering in unprecedented detail the history and a guide to the Doctor's comic strip adventures which regularly appeared in a number of linked TV Comic titles prior to the launch of Doctor Who Magazine title.
- The Extortioner was the first comic strip to feature the Second Doctor.