Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||12 December 2012|
|Format:||20 detachable-paged partwork|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
Magazine Content Edit
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into seven categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Part 76: Who's on Trial?
- The Sixth Doctor returns to TV with an epic courtroom drama.
- Follow the snake into the Dark Places of the Inside ...
- Colin Baker
- A profile of the actor who played the Sixth Doctor.
- Fantasia For Five
- Exclusive interview with Snakedance director Fiona Cumming.
- The Master's Technology
- The renegade Time Lord had a fearsome arsenal of gadgets.
- The Fifth Doctor must face the return of the Mara ...
- Silurian Undercity
- Beneath a tiny Welsh village there is a whole new world ...
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "Fear is the only poison ..."
- The Mara is haunting Tegan's dreams once again, and this time it wants to return home. The ancient evil redirects the TARDIS to the planet Manussa, where the population is preparing for a festival that celebrates the Mara's banishment 500 years before. While the Doctor tries to persuade the planet's authorities that their worst nightmare is back on Manussa, Tegan finds herself journeying into the Dark Places of the inside once more ...
Notable Information Edit
- The idea of a "black spot" was first associated with pirates in the adventure novel Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson published in 1883.
- Actor Colin Baker was so much the preferred choice of producer John Nathan Turner to play the Sixth Doctor, that he did not ask the actor to partake in a screen test.
- Blink by Steven Moffat was based on a short story What I Did on My Christmas Holidays by Sally Sparrow that was published in the Doctor Who Annual 2006.
- Director Fiona Cumming suggested Lanzarote as a filming location to producer John Nathan Turner following a family holiday there. Filming on the mountains of Timanfaya would not be allowed today as it is a protected site.
- Snakedance saw the first television roles for actors Martin Clunes and Jonathan Morris.
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: Peter Griffiths
- Illustrators: none credited this issue