Magazine content Edit
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into nine categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Part 81: About Time
- After seven years off-air, Doctor Who returned in 1996 ...
- This Hath saved Martha's life and then gave his own.
- Ed Gold
- Meet the first Australian on Mars.
- Robina Redmond
- Was it Miss Redmond in the library with the lead pipes?
- This Silurian warrior wasn't interested in peace on Earth.
- "Killer Shadows!"
- Something nasty is lurking in the library ...
- Revenge of the Cybermen
- The Fourth Doctor faces an old foe.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "Cybermen can survive more efficiently than animal organisms. That is why we will rule the galaxy. ..."
- The Doctor, Sarah Jane and Harry return to Space Station Nerva after their adventure on Skaro. They find the space station's crew has all been wiped out by a mysterious plague. Was the deadly disease really spread by an infestation of silver "rats"? What is the secret of Voga, Planet of Gold? And why are the Cybermen attacking Nerva?
Notable information Edit
- Space Beacon Nerva was built to orbit Jupiter and monitor Voga, later being moved into Earth's orbit and used as an ark.
- Katy Manning left Doctor Who with her real life boyfriend, Stewart Bevan, who played on-screen love interest Clifford Jones in The Green Death.
- Silence in the Library was filmed on location at Old Swansea Central Library, which had been cleared for renovations.
- A special publicity shoot announced the Eighth Doctor at the Doctor Who exhibition at Longleat in January 1996.
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: Peter Griffiths
- Illustrators: none credited this issue