|Cover date:||April 2014|
|Format:||20 detachable-paged partwork|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
The Doctor Who DVD Files - "The Ultimate Build-up Doctor Who Encyclopaedia" in fortnightly issues.
Magazine content Edit
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into nine categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Clyde Langer
- Meet this member of Sarah Jane Smith's gang
- These natives of Telos were enslaved by the Cybermen...
- The Great Intelligence: Snow Storm
- This alien entity came to Earth in a blizzard.
- Zygons: Tudor Terror
- Queen Elizabeth I was attacked by alien shape-shifters!
- Alex Kingston
- Read our profile of the actor who played River Song.
- Dressed to the Nines!
- Discover the wardrobe secrets of the Ninth Doctor.
- Anti-grav bike
- The Doctor's motorcycle had a very special feature ...
- Jurassic Ark!
- The Eleventh Doctor encounters dinosaurs in space.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "Advance and attack! Attack and destroy! Destroy and rejoice!” "
- The TARDIS lands on the planet Aridius, where the First Doctor and his friends make a terrifying discovery: the Daleks have sent a death squad to exterminate the time travellers! The monsters from Skaro have their own space-time craft and use it to pursue the Doctor, Vicki, Ian and Barbara to a varety of locations, from the Empire State Building, in New York to the 'Mary Celeste'. The deadly chase culminates on the planet Mechanus, where a new threat awaits both the Doctor and the Daleks ...
Notable information Edit
- The Daleks were behind the construction of New York's Empire State Building in 1930s Manhattan, having seen the potential when they arrived on the viewing galaxy in 1965.
- The actress who played River Song was born Alexanra Elizabeth Kingston and was born in Epsom Surrey on 11th March 1963.
- Actor David Bradley who played Solomon, was later cast as William Hartnell, the First Doctor, in the 2013 biopic An Adventure in Space and Time.
- The Eleventh Doctor claimed to have ridden his anti-grav bike in the Antigrav Olympics of 2074 – and came last!
- The Zygon have attempted invasion attempts on Earth in 1562, by infiltrating The Savoy Hotel in June 1890, and from Loch Ness in the mid-1970s.
- The Ninth Doctor's costume by Lucinda Wright was shaped by Russell T Davies's view that he wanted a more contemporary modern outfit
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Pete Byrne
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: not credited this issue
- Illustrators: none credited this issue