The Doctor Who DVD Files –“The Ultimate Build-up Doctor Who Encyclopaedia” in fortnightly issues.
Magazine content Edit
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into nine categories that could be filed accordingly.
- This brave archaeologist died in the Library.
- Andy Stone
- A pioneering scientist tried to grow carrots on Mars ...
- Companions of the Second Doctor
- Find out who travelled in the Second Doctor's TARDIS.
- Dalek Strategist
- The blue Dalek was responcible for hatching evil plans
- The Saturnyns tried to sink Venice
- Plasmic Shell
- Learn the secrets of the time travelling police box.
- Heart of the TARDIS
- The Doctor and Clara journey to the centre of the TARDIS.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "True, I am guilty of interference, just as you are guilty of failing to use your great powers to help those in need!...” "
- The Doctor has run out of time. Trapped in the War Games, he and his friends Jamie and Zoe must battle to stop the War Lord and return thousands of kidnapped Earth soldiers to their proper times and places. It's too much for the travellers to handle by themselves, and so the Doctor has no choice but to call on his people the Time Lords, for help. But this means revealing his location to the authority he ran away from all those years ago, when he broke the First Law of Time...
Notable information Edit
- The Doctor's home planet of Gallifrey was first named in The Time Warrior in 1974.
- In the 1975 TV Comic strip Return of the Daleks the Doctor's home planet was claimed by the Fourth Doctor as Jewel.
- The part of Jo Grant was played by actress Katy Manning who was born Catherine Ann Manning in Guildford, England on 14th October 1946. She also played the character Iris Wildthyme in Big Finish Productions' audio-only adventures.
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Pete Byrne
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: not credited this issue
- Illustrators: none credited this issue