The Doctor Who DVD Files –" The Ultimate Build-up Doctor Who Encyclopaedia" in fortnightly issues.
Magazine content Edit
Collectible loose leaf pages divided into nine categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Mike Yates
- The UNIT officer tried to bring back dinosaurs!
- Claire Thompson
- George's mum was hiding a secret – from herself...
- Carl Slitheen
- The Slitheen came in many shapes and sizes.
- This Roman soldier wasn't all that he seemed...
- SWD: Insane Mutant!
- Whatever happened to the Special Weapons Dalek?
- Six for Bold!
- Shield your eyes, it's the Sixth Doctor's costume!
- Take a closer look at the time-travelling justice machine.
- The Doctor's Tomb
- The TARDIS finally arrives on Trenzalore.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "You know as well as I do the golden rule about space and time travelling. Never. Never interfere with the course of history! "
- The TARDIS brings the First Doctor, Vicki and Steven to a bleak spot of English coastline in 1066. There they discover that another time traveller has landed on Earth: the Meddling Monk, a mischievous member of the Doctor's race who wants to change the course of history. Will the Monk succeed in his plan to ensure William the Conqueror loses the Battle of Hastings? And, if so, how will that affect the present?
Notable information Edit
- The Meddling Monk left Gallifrey fifty years after the Doctor.
- The Meddling Monk has made a number of appearances in different media The Doctor Who Role Playing Game (1985), 4-Dimensional Vistas and Follow That TARDIS comic strips, No Future (novel), and in the Eighth Doctor audio story The Book of Kells
- Clips used in The Name of the Doctor to recall previous incarnations of the Doctor included The Aztecs (First Doctor), The Five Doctors (Second Doctor and Third Doctor), The Invasion of Time (Fourth Doctor), Arc of Infinity (TV story (Fifth Doctor) and Dragonfire (Seventh Doctor).
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: not credited this issue
- Editor: Kieran Grant
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: not credited this issue
- Sub-Editor: Catherine Anderson
- Contributing Writers: not credited this issue
- Illustrators: none credited this issue