|Cover date:||9 September 2009|
|Format:||20 detachable-paged partwork|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into seven categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Part 18 As the Third Doctor's journey ends, a new one begins...
- Joan Redfern read about John Smith's loved one and Martha's rival.
- Adam Mitchell Find out why not everyone is good enough to travel in the TARDIS...
- Cyber Controller John Lumic couldn't control his Cybus creations!
- Scarecrows Discover the significance of scarecrows in Doctor Who.
- Louise Page Costume Designer talks about dressing Rose, Martha and Donna.
- SS Pentallian Step inside the ship that scooped out the heart of a living sun.
- 42 - It's a race against time to save a spaceship from a vengeful sun!
- Human Nature - The Doctor and Martha hide their identities to escape an alien family.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release covering two episodes.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "That sun's alive, a living organism. They scooped out its heart, used it for fuel and now it's screaming!"
- It seems to Martha that she's never been quite so far away from home when the TARDIS lands thousands of years in the future on a spaceship heading towards a living sun! With the clock counting down, there's not much time to escape a firey end...
- "I dream quite often that I have two hearts."
- After rewriting his DNA to escape an alien family the Doctor not only appears human, he believes he is too. This would be the perfect disguise if John Smith didn't complicate matters by falling in love. When the treacherous aliens track him down, it's up to Martha to protect them both.
Notable information Edit
- In the original storyline, John Lumic was called Jacob.
- In Blink the Tenth Doctor says that he is always late for his own weddings.
- In an unbroadcast scene, Son of Mine refers to the scarecrows as "Straw Jacks".
- Adam Mitchell's mum is called Sandra — which is never mentioned on screen.
- The working title of The Long Game was The Companion Who Couldn't.
- In early drafts, the SS Pentallian was going to be called Icarus, but the name was used for a ship in the 2007 film Sunshine, so it was changed instead being named after the Pentallian Drive from Revenge of the Cybermen.
- Project Manager: Ben Robinson
- Group Editor: Claire Lister
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: Carly Giles
- Writer/Sub-Editor: Kieran Grant
- Editorial Assistant: Poppy Kemp
- Contributing Writer: David Bailey, Neil Corry, Jason Loborik and Jacqueline Rayner.