Collectable loose leaf pages divided into seven categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Part 35 Doctor in Distress The Sixth Doctor must rescue the Second!
- The Tenth Doctor Look back over the life and times of Doctor number 10.
- Natural Ood Discover the squid-faced aliens in their native state...
- Liz Shaw The Third Doctor's first companion was a brainy scientist!
- Family of Blood Meet the family who liked to slay together...
- Bessie Take a peek under the bonnet of the Doctor's vintage car... (Foldout)
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "You really believe in a man with the power to change his physical appearance?"
- Fresh from his latest regeneration, the Third Doctor wakes up in a hospital bed on Earth with a new face and a bizarre mystery to solve. Why are the meteorites flying in formation over the English countryside? What is causing plastic dummies to smash their way out of shop windows and murder members of the public? And can the Doctor really hold down a regular job at UNIT?
Notable information Edit
- The Third Doctor has a tattoo on his arm when seen showering in Spearhead from Space.
- Spearhead from Space featured a new psychedelic opening and was the first Doctor Who episode to be shown in colour.
- The Sensorites, from the Sense Sphere, a peaceful and trusting race, used disks on their forehead to communicate their thoughts — not too dissimilar to the Ood, which also came from Ood Sphere.
- In the book, the Family of Blood were alien, shape-shifting immortality-hunters called the Aubertides.
- Liz Shaw was the only regular companion of the Doctor who has never travelled in the TARDIS (on TV).
- In the interview with Caroline John, she ends saying, "Oh, I'd love to come back as Liz now, with the new Doctor, Matt Smith. She could say to him, 'I never know who you are...until you open your mouth!' – Prophetic!"
- Episodes 2 and 3 of The Ice Warriors no longer exist.
- Writer Brian Hayles saw the Ice Warriors to be like hi-tech Vikings. Costume designer Martin Baugh saw them differently, more reptilian. Director Derek Martinus preferred the latter.
- The Doctor's car Bessie has appeared in thirteen stories and has been driven by three Doctors.
- Project Manager: Ben Robinson
- Group Editor: Claire Lister
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: Carly Giles, Terry Sambridge
- Writer/Sub-Editor: Neil Corry, Kieran Grant
- Editorial Assistant: Poppy Kemp
- Contributing Writers: David Bailey, Peter Griffiths, Jason Loborik, Jacqueline Rayner and Oli Smith.
- Illustrators: Tom Connell, Peter McKinstry and Lee Sullivan