Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||10 August 2011|
|Format:||20 detachable-paged partwork|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|DVD included:||Vengeance on Varos|
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into seven categories that could be filed accordingly.
- The Woman
- Meet the mysterious lady who appeared to Wilf...
- The Preachers
- The brave few who stood up to the mighty Cybus Industries.
- Regenerating Angels
- Take a look at the Weeping Angels on Alfava Metraxis, just don't blink!
- Kazran Sardick
- Understand the bitterness of this lonely old man...
- Part 68: Going Mentor!
- Find out what it was like to play a giant alien slug!
- Discover the inner workings of the early Daleks.
- Vengeance on Varos
- The Doctor and Peri enter a world of television horror!
- Plan a trip to the planet where torture and death are entertainment.
- Part 17: Art and Music
- The Doctor's adventures on Earth lead him to Vincent van Gogh.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "When did they last show something worth watching?"
- The TARDIS runs out of Zelton-7, a valuable ore found on the planet Varos. When the Doctor and Peri arrive on the world they find a sick and sickening society in the grip of the corrupt Galatron Mining Corporation. Before long the time travellers find themselves on the run in the Punishment Dome, a place where rebels are executed live on television for the pleasure of the Varosian people. Who is Sil and what is his agenda? Will Peri be transformed into a bird by the sadistic Quillam? And can the Doctor avoid a hanging on prime-time TV?
Notable information Edit
- Raaga was a Terileptil prison planet, used by the people of Hakol to mine tinclavic.
- The planet Varos, in the constellation of Cetes, was a former planet for the criminally insane, and had no indigenous vegetation or animal life.
- Zeiton-7 is found on the planet Varos and on the asteroid Biosculptor.
- Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol in 1843.
- In the 1996 Decalog 3 short stories collection, writer Steven Moffat contributed a story called Continuity Errors, a story in which the Seventh Doctor went back into somebody's earlier life (in this case a librarian's), changing events that would change what sort of person they became in later years. This is similar to the Eleventh Doctor's relationship with Kazran Sardick.
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: Claire Lister
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: James King
- Writer/Sub-Editor: Kieran Grant
- Contributing Writers: Neil Corry, Gary Gillatt, Peter Griffiths, Jason Loborik, Jacqueline Rayner and Oli Smith.
- Illustrators: Lee Binding, Tom Connell, Gavin Rymill and Lee Sullivan