|Cover date:||24 August 2011|
|Format:||20 detachable-paged partwork|
|Publisher:||GE Fabbri Ltd|
|DVD included:||The Keeper of Traken|
Collectable loose leaf pages divided into seven categories that could be filed accordingly.
- Riley Vashtee
- Meet one of the many men to fall for Martha Jones' charms.
- The fishy friends who threatened 16th century Venice.
- Lucius Petrus Dextrus
- The prophet of Pompeii didn't predict his own demise!
- Eater of Worlds
- See Ace cower before the Lord of Darkness and Eater of Worlds!
- Polyphase Avatron
- Look at the inner workings of the pirate captain's wing-man.
- The Keeper of Traken
- The Fourth Doctor encounters an old foe on a famously peaceful planet.
- The Library
- Every book ever written could be found on this unique planet...
- Part 18: Brink of War
- The Doctor's adventures in the years just before the First World war.
DVD release (with cover blurb) Edit
- Each issue came with a DVD release.
- Reversible DVD sleeves enabled the collector to display one of two designs featuring either the Doctor and his enemies or his companions.
- "A new body...at last!"
- The Traken Union is one of the most harmonious empires in the universe; the air is said to be filled with goodness, that any evil simply shrivels up and dies, which is why the Doctor never bothered to pay the place a visit. But now there is a serpent in the paradise of Traken, a malevolent creature known as the Melkur. Why is the all-powerful Keeper of Traken so reluctant to ask for the Doctor's help? Who is Kassia and what is her terrible secret? And what force for evil lurks within the Melkur, a living statue that is mysteriously bigger on the inside?
Notable information Edit
- Actress Jean Marsh has played the roles of Morgaine (Battlefield), King Richard's sister (The Crusade) and Sara Kingdom (The Daleks' Master Plan).
- Marek Anton played both the Destroyer (Battlefield) and Vershinin The Curse of Fenric), both broadcast in 1989.
- The character of the Brigadier was originally to have been killed off in the TV story Battlefield.
- When Tom Baker announced he was leaving the series as the Fourth Doctor after so long, it was felt a returning companion would give some continuity for viewers. Sarah Jane Smith (Elisabeth Sladen), Leela (Louise Jameson) and K9 were considered before it was decided to resurrect the Master!
- As a possible love interest for companion Martha Jones, the character Riley Vashtee was scripted as being "sexy, blokey, early 20s".
- Project Manager: not credited this issue
- Group Editor: Claire Lister
- Art Editor: Elanzi Smit
- Designer: James King
- Writer/Sub-Editor: Kieran Grant
- Contributing Writers: Neil Corry, Gary Gillatt, Peter Griffiths, Jason Loborik and Jacqueline Rayner
- Illustrators: Lee Binding, Tom Connell, Gavin Rymill and Lee Sullivan