June 2011 issue of the short-lived North American Doctor Who Magazine sister title. Like many North American magazines, its cover date was misleading. It was actually made available for purchase a month earlier, on 5 May.
- Karen Gillan
Karen Gillan talks to Darren Scott , the best is yet to come ...
- American Adventures
Mark Wright : From Tombstone to New York City, the Doctor just can't stay away from the USA ...
- Katy Manning
Katy Manning celebrates 40 years as the Third Doctor's companion, Jo Grant with Darren Scott
- The Doctor Who Experience
Monster Makers: Mike Tucker writes about giving the Doctor's old enemies new life!
- Christopher Benjamin
“I Was Colonel Hugh Curbishley.” (also Sir Keith Gold and Henry Gordon Jago)
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
- The Parting of the Ways – and the two Dalek Emperors.
Data File Edit
Time Scoop Edit
- Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart A tribute feature to the character played by Nicholas Courtney who died on February 22, 2011 aged 81.
- DVD Insider
- Terror of the Autons story overview includes interview with Richard Franklin (Mike Yates)
- Planet of the Spiders story overview includes interview with Richard Franklin (Mike Yates)
- Audio Insider
- Crime of the Century Seventh Doctor audio adventure includes interview with Andrew Cartmel (Writer) and Beth Chalmers (Raine Creevy)
- Books Insider
Fan Zone Edit
- The Recreation Generator (fantastic fan creation feature)
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Mark Oliver
- Designers: Alex Foot, Caroline Dunk
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- Black domed Daleks guarding the Dalek Emperor can be seen in The Evil of the Daleks and The Parting of the Ways. A second Dalek Emperor (revealed to be Davros) led an army of renegade Daleks in Remembrance of the Daleks.
- The co-American produced Doctor Who TV movie (1996) was filmed in Canada.
- Katy Manning will only eat eggs hard – there can't be a “hint of life.”
- Mike Tucker is a BAFTA award winning effects designer who had been a part of the BBC's in house Visual Effects Department before it closed in 2005 when he set up his own company The Model Unit which worked on the restoration of costumes and props for The Doctor Who Experience.
- The working title for Terror of the Autons was The Spray of Death.
- Actor John Dearth played the character of Lupton in Planet of the Spiders and voiced BOSS in The Green Death.
- The Metatraxi code of honour means that they only wage war using the same weapons as their enemies.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd did offer readers in the UK the chance to subscribe to this title which was very much seen as a sister title to their longrunning Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring the Amy Pond cover photograph and The Pandorica Opens double page Data File photo-montage on the reverse (but without the annotated text)
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)