|Cover date:||July 2011|
|Format:||44 full colour pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Panini UK Ltd|
- Monsters Past and Present – Summer releases
- The Doctor takes Manhatten
- Arthur Darvill
Darren Scott talks to Arthur Darvill about Rory Pond being tougher than he looks...
- Future Histories
- Mark Sheppard
Darren Scott talks to Mark Sheppard who played Canton Everett Delaware III in The Impossible Astronaut
- Stuart Milligan
Darren Scott talks to Stuart Milligan who played Richard Nixon in The Impossible Astronaut
- Murray Gold
Phillip Hamilton talks to Murray Gold composer of the last six years of Doctor Who.
- Anna Barry
“I Was Anat.” (Day of the Daleks)
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
- The Three Doctors – “We're not just Time Lords. We're the same Time Lord!”
Data File Edit
Time Scoop Edit
- DVD Insider
- Time and the Rani story overview includes interview with Wanda Ventham (Faroon)
- Frontios story overview includes interview with Lesley Dunlop (Norna)
- Audio Insider
- BBC Radio Episodes: The Paradise of Death, Exploration Earth, The Ghosts of N-Space, Whatever Happened to Susan Foreman?, Slipback and AUDIO: Doctor Who and the Pescatons.
- Books Insider
Fan Zone Edit
- The Recreation Generator (fantastic fan costume feature)
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Mark Oliver
- Designers: Alex Foot
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- The working title for Time and the Rani was Strange Matter.
- The working title for Frontios was The Wanderer.
- The Ara Jecks of Heiradi hollowed out a huge subterranean city during the Twenty Aeon War.
- Tractators have highly refined senses of abstract reasoning, and knew of the Doctor at least by reputation. But without the Gravis they are harmless burrowing earth creatures. (Frontios)
- Doctor Who and the Pescatons (1976) was the first ever Doctor Who story written for audio by Victor Pemberton.
- Gallifrey wildlife includes Plungbolls small, furry, thumbnail-sized creatures that attach themselves to any source of heat.
Further information Edit
- This issue, dated July, was sent out to UK subscribers at the same time as Issue 2 dated June on 5th May!
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd offered UK readers the chance to subscribe to this title, which was very much seen as a sister title to their long running Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring the Eleventh Doctor and Rory Williams cover photograph and the Time and the Rani double page Data File photo-montage on the reverse (but without the annotated text)
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)