|Cover date:||August 2011|
|Format:||44 full colour pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Panini UK Ltd|
- Record breaking Series Six, Tenth Doctor David Tennants' new role, Captain Jack's return, and Doctor Who: 47 Years in 6 Minutes!
- Alex Kingston
Darren Scott talks to Alex Kingston about playing the time travelling archaeologist and convict who has seen the Doctor's future
- Frances Barber
Darren Scott talks to Frances Barber who, as the deliciously malicious Kovarian, has stolen Amy Pond's baby ...
- Sarah Jane Smith
Lee Mansfield guides us through Sarah jane's adventures, celebrating the much loved character.
- Dan Starkey
“I Was Commander Strax.”
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
- Utopia|”I am the MASTER!” – The true identity of Professor Yana is revealed and Harold Saxon emerges ...
Data File Edit
Time Scoop Edit
- Davros “My Daleks shall once more become the supreme beings!”
- DVD Insider
- The Awakening story overview including 'What They Said'
- The Gunfighters story overview including 'What They Said'
- Audio Insider
- Tales from the Vault Companion Chronicles audio adventure includes interview with Daphne Ashbrook and Yee Jee Tso
- Books Insider
- Store Insider
- Disappearing TARDIS Mug (Unemployed Philosophers Guild),
- 2012 Wall Calendar (Browntrout Publishers),
- My Mysterious Doctor Poster (QMx)
- Eleventh Doctor's jackets (Abbyshot Clothiers)
Fan Zone Edit
- Scanner Screen (readers photograph feature)
- The Recreation Generator (fantastic fan creation feature)
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Martin Ross
- Designers: Alex Foot
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- BBC America and the Fine Brothers worked to produce a Youtube video (www.youtube.com/thefinebros) called 'Doctor Who: 47 Years in 6 Minutes' which was filmed in one take.
- Sir Ian McKellen once took Sylvester McCoy to see Peter Jackson at his home, where Peter had the Seventh Doctor's costume in a cabinet that he had bought from eBay.
- In Big Finish's Sarah Jane Smith audio dramas the character of Nat was played by Sadie Miller – Elizabeth Sladen's daughter.
- Davros led the Daleks into battle in the Last Great Time War but was believed lost at the Gates of Elysium when his command ship flew into the jaws of the Nightmare Child.
- The English Civil War came to Little Hodcombe on July 13th 1643.
- Actor Anthony Jacobs (Doc Holliday in The Gunfighters), was the father of Matthew Jacobs who wrote the Doctor Who TV movie in 1996.
- The Vault is where UNIT (Unified Intelligence Taskforce) stores its most dangerous alien artefacts. UNIT facilities are often hidden beneath British landmarks. The Vault is hidden beneath the Angel of the North a sixty-foot high steel sculpture in Gateshead, England.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd offered UK readers the chance to subscribe to this title, which was very much seen as a sister title to their long running Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring the Eleventh Doctor and River Song cover photograph and the Celestial Toymaker double page Data File photo-montage on the reverse (but without the annotated text)
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)