|Cover date:||September 2011|
|Format:||44 full colour pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Panini UK Ltd|
- Series 6 Part Two, Reign of terror – animated, new audio adventures and new Sixth Doctor audio companion
- John Barrowman
Darren Scott talks to John Barrowman about his Doctor Who past and possible future ...
- Louise Jameson
Its been over 30 years since Louise Jameson played the scantily clad Leela in Doctor Who. Darren Scott talks to the actress in the first part of this interview.
Visual Effect Designer, Mike Tucker explains how the Doctor's faithful robot dog, K9 was given a new lease of life in the Tenth Doctor adventure, School Reunion ... with shared memories from Louise Jameson
- Audio Adventures: Return of the Heroes
Cavan Scott takes a journey into peril to discover why the classic Target Doctor Who books are undergoing a 21st century revival ...
- Stephen Thorne
“I Was Omega.”
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
Data File Edit
Time Scoop Edit
- DVD Insider
- Paradise Towers story overview
- The Sun Makers story overview includes interview with Michael Keating who played Goudry
- Audio Insider
- Recorded Time Sixth Doctor audio adventure and Big Finish's 150th regular Doctor Who release and top ten releases chosen by executive producer Nicholas Briggs.
- Books Insider
- Store Insider
- Character Options Series 6 figures (The Silence (2 variants), Eleventh Doctor in Stetson, young Amelia Pond and Nephew Ood
- Character Options mini-figures (First ten figures and 3 playsets)
Fan Zone Edit
- No 'Fan Zone' feature this issue
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Mark Oliver
- Designers: Alex Foot
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- K9 was designed for the series seeking to capitalise on the success of Star Wars by offering viewers a robotic character that combined the fussy English eccentricites of C-3PO with the cute factor of R2-D2.
- There were (for original filming), two K9 variants the principal radio-controlled filming prop and the lightweight, non-mechanised dummy version which had a noticeably different head. Both models last appeared in the 2006 return School Reunion.
- Filming locations for the roof of Megropolis in The Sun Makers was a tobacco factory in Bristol. Also used was a underground shelter in Camden Town London, built in World WarII to house seven thousand troops. It was accessed by a door at the back of Camden Town underground station.
- Actor Stephen Thorne has played the Daemon Azal, Omega, Eldred and an Ogron in Frontier in Space.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd offered UK readers the chance to subscribe to this title, which was very much seen as a sister title to their long running Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring Jack Harkness cover photograph and Victory of the Daleks double page Data File photo-montage on the reverse (but without the annotated text)
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)