|Cover date:||October 2011|
|Format:||44 full colour pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Panini UK Ltd|
- Ratings success, Davros returns to audio CD, Matt Smith to play Bert Bushell in new drama 'Bert and Dickie'
- Matt Smith
Darren Scott talks to Matt Smith about what we can expect from the new adventures ...
- Neve McIntosh
Darren Scott talks to Neve McIntosh who has hidden beneath the scally reptilian skin of not one, not two, but three of the Silurians encountered by the Doctor ...
- A New Day
Mark Wright discovers how the Third Doctor's first encounter with the Daleks in 1972 has been given a twenty-first-century makeover ...
- Louise Jameson
Darren Scott continues his exclusive interview with Louise Jameson who played the Fourth Doctor's companion, Leela.
- Michael Cochrane (interview by Mark Wright)
- “I Was Lord Charles Cranleigh.” (DW: Black Orchid)
... and Redvers Fenn-Cooper (DW: Ghost Light)
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
- Genesis of the Daleks – “ Do I have the right?”
- The Fourth Doctor has the chance to wipe out the Daleks at the beginning.
Data File Edit
- The First Doctor – guide including overview, companions, the Doctor's Effects and regeneration.
Time Scoop Edit
- Time Lords – The Doctor's own people were once amongst the most powerful beings in the universe ...
- DVD Insider
- Day of the Daleks story overview includes interview with Valentine Palmer who played rebel leader Monia
- Audio Insider
- The Hounds of Artemis Eleventh Doctor audio adventure
- The Eye of the Jungle Eleventh Doctor audio adventure includes interview with Darren Jones (author).
- Books Insider
- Store Insider
- Fourth Doctor and Sontaran Style 8” Action Figures (Bif Bang Pow!)
- TARDIS Bobble Head (Bif Bang Pow!)
- TARDIS Tin Tote (Bif Bang Pow!)
- Plush Daleks and TARDIS (Underground Toys)
Fan Zone Edit
- Scanner Screen (readers photograph feature)
- The Recreation Generator (fantastic fan creation feature – TARDIS special and BBC AMERICA 'Where's the TARDIS?' competition winners)
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Martin Ross
- Designers: Alex Foot, Caroline Dunk, Anthony Lamb
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- The BBC annual report 2011 showed 'Doctor Who' to be the corporation's biggest international seller with unprecedented growth in the USA over the previous year, with record ratings on BBC AMERICA, third biggest seller on domestic iTunes TV chart (behind Mad Men and Glee).
- The Doctor Who brand revenue grew by a reported 49%.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) with a subscription offering a 10% discount.
- While printed for a North American market, Panini UK Ltd offered UK readers the chance to subscribe to this title, which was very much seen as a sister title to their long-running Doctor Who Magazine.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring a variant on the Eleventh Doctor and Madame Vastra cover photograph and the First Doctor working at the TARDIS console on the reverse (from this issue's Factfile).
- For the latest on Doctor Who, fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)