Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||January 2012|
|Format:||44 full colour pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Panini UK Ltd|
DWI Special Edition Winter 2012
Doctor Who Insider #9 was the January 2012 issue of the short-lived North American Doctor Who Magazine sister title. Like many North American magazines, its cover date was misleading. It was actually made available for purchase a month earlier, on 8 December 2011.
- Matt Smith winning Best Actor Award at the annual Spike Scream Awards, Series Seven news, Counter-Measures CD's, new DVD announcements and Doctor Who toy success.
- 'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas'
Set report and preview by Darren Scott of The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe including interviews with Bill Bailey (Droxil), Paul Bazely (ven-Garr) and Arabella Weir (Billis).
- Interview with Lisa Greenwood) (Sixth Doctor audio companion Flip Jackson).
- Interview with Doctor Who choreographer Alisa Berk by Philip Hamilton.
- 'The Creature Shop' - Visual Effects designer Mike Tucker looks back to the earliest days of Doctor Who and reveals the role that the independent company Shawcraft Models played.
- Cavan Scott talks to Gary Russell, Anwen Aspden and Phil Ford about the online Doctor Who: The Adventure Games: The Gunpowder Plot
- Richard Dinnick rediscovers "The forgotten Doctor" voiced by Richard E Grant in Scream of the Shalka
- Hamish Wilson
“I Was Jamie McCrimmon (for two episodes) interviewed by Mark Wright
Nexus Point Edit
An examination of an important moment from one of the Doctor's adventures
Data File Edit
- The Fourth Doctor –The man himself, his personal effects, his companions and his regeneration (Article by Jacqueline Rayner
Time Scoop Edit
- None this issue
- Audio Insider
- Army of Death audio adventure includes interview with author Jason Arnopp and Mary Shelley audio companion of the Eighth Doctor.
- The Five Companions audio adventure only available to Big Finish subscribersthat includes an interview with actress Anneke Wills who played companion Polly.
- Books Insider
Fan Zone Edit
- None this issue.
Main team credits Edit
- Editor: John Ainsworth
- Sub-Editor: Martin Ross
- Designer: Alex Foot
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Interesting bits from within Edit
- The first episode of Doctor Who to be broadcast on Christmas Day was The Daleks' Master Plan Part 7 The Feast of Steven in 1965.
- Actress Arabella Weir, who played Billis in The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is one of David Tennant's best friends and also played an alternative Doctor in Big Finish's Doctor Who Unbound audio series.
- Books in the Fourth Doctor's pocket library included; Everest in Easy Stages (in Tibetan), Teach Yourself Tibetan, Origins of the Universe and The Tale of Peter Rabbit.
- Shawcraft Models (an engineering company run by Bill Roberts, was responcible for actually constructing the original TARDIS console, the Zarbi and the Daleks amongst many others early icons of the series up to and including The Faceless Ones in 1967.
- A follow up webcast to Scream of the Shalka was going to be called Rise of the Robots and written by horror writer Simon Clark but was cancelled because of the return of Doctor Who to television in 2005.
- Derek Jacobi voiced the Master in Scream of the Shalka before later appearing in the role in Utopia.
Further information Edit
- This issue had a cover price of $6.99 (US and Canada) and while their is no subscription offer to the title due to cancellation, the subscription ncontact number can still be found on the inside page.
- While printed for a North American market Panini UK Ltd did offer readers in the UK the chance to subscribe to this title which was very much seen as a sister-title to their long running Doctor Who Magazine title. This issue however was not included in any UK subscriptions.
- This issue came with a free double-sided poster featuring a Fourth Doctor publicity shot and this issues cover photo-montage of The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe on the reverse.
- For the latest on Doctor Who fans can follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter (twitter.com/bbcamerica)