Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||9 November 2006|
|Format:||108 pages bound|
Publisher's summary Edit
Your complete guide to the BAFTA winning BBC One series!
Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
In 2006, Doctor Who maintained its position as one of the most popular and critically-lauded programmes on British television. Eight million viewers tuned in every Saturday evening for the adventures of the Doctor and Rose Tyler, as they sailed through time in the TARDIS. Their travels have taken them to the distant past, parallel worlds, the far-off future and an impossible planet – for an encounter with the devil himself ...
Now, Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes on this incredible series, with an in-depth episode-by-episode guide to all of this years adventures, including original storylines, deleted scenes, and thousands of facts about the making of the series – illustrated with never-before-seen photographs.
We cover all 13 episodes of Series Two, plus The Christmas Invasion, the Children in Need mini-special, interactive adventure Attack of the Graske and the Tardisodes, as well as features on BBC Three's Doctor Who Confidential and CBBC's Totally Doctor Who.
Plus for the first time anywhere, executive producer and head writer Russell T Davies presents his original Series Two story document, fully annotated with changes that were made during production. Discover the origins of The Runaway Bride, how a Werewolf turned up very late, what inspired the redesigned Cybermen and why the TARDIS never stopped off in the 1920s!
This is the essential time-travellers' guide to Doctor Who. If you think you've seen it all, think again ...
- Second Sight by Russell T Davies
Episode Guide Edit
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast dates, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, and script snippet
- Full Season Two and Attack of the Graske production credits
- Editor: Clayton Hickman
- Deputy Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Design: Peri Godbold
- Written and Researched by Andrew Pixley
- Consultant: Russell T Davies
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additional details Edit
- This was the fourteenth in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- The omission of Andrew Pixley's credits for the previous Companion guide may explain why his credit for this volume has been elevated to the back cover and more notable on the inside contents page.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in November 2006 and had a cover price of £5.99 (UK).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #14 – The Doctor Who Companion: Series Two.