|Cover date:||14 April 2010|
|Format:||100 pages bound|
Publisher's summary Edit
The cast and crew of Doctor Who tell the real story of its creation ...
For over 30 years, Doctor Who Magazine has documented the making of this unique television series, interviewing every major player, be they actors, directors, producers, designers, writers ... even monsters!
This Special Edition gathers together the best of these interviews as the cast and crew themselves recall their part in the legend of Doctor Who, making for a frank, forthright, and insightful memoir – in turns funny, poignant, provocative, and surprising. To illustrate their story we have selected hundreds of amazing many of which are published here for the first time.
This volume tells the story of how Doctor Who went from being a fondly remembered piece of TV history, its adventures continuing in books, audios and webcasts in the late 1990s, to becoming BBC One's best loved and highest-rated drama series. Discover the secrets of how, against all the odds, the programme returned to become an essential part of Saturday night viewing for millions of people. Find out how the Ninth Doctor, Rose and Captain Jack captured the hearts of a new generation of viewers – and how the adventures of the Tenth Doctor took the series to even greater heights of critical acclaim. Plus, read how the annual Doctor Who Christmas Special rapidly became the most celebrated TV drama event of the year ...
Featuring contributions from David Tennant, Christopher Eccleston, Billie Piper, John Barrowman, Freema Agyeman, Catherine Tate, Kylie Minogue, Elisabeth Sladen, Michelle Ryan, Lindsay Duncan, Bernard Cribbins, Russell T Davies, Steven Moffat and many more – plus an Afterword by Carole Ann Ford!
- Compiled by Benjamin Cook
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Consultant: Andrew Pixley
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additional details Edit
- This was the twenty-fourth in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in April 2010 and had a cover price of £6.99 (UK).
- Cover background design by Stuart Manning.
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #24 In Their Own Words: Volume Six: 1997-2009.