Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||31 August 2010|
|Format:||100 pages bound|
DWMSE 26 — cover titled The Doctor Who Companion Series Five Volume One — was the first issue of Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition which covered the Steven Moffat production era, and therefore the first to bear the Moffat-era logo and a revamped interior layout redesign.
Publisher's summary Edit
Your complete guide to the award-winning BBC One series!
Written and researched by Andrew Pixley.
2010 was a landmark year for Doctor Who. Matt Smith and Karen Gillan appeared on television as the Eleventh Doctor and Amy Pond for the first time, in a series of incredible adventures. From the Doctor's crash landing in sleepy Leadworth, through to his arrival at Amy's wedding in a rebooted universe, the last of the Time Lords faced many monsters during the course of his travels, including Weeping Angels, Silurians, Autons, Cybermen, Smilers, Venetian Vampires, Prisoner Zero ... and of course, the Daleks!
Now, Doctor Who Magazine takes you behind the scenes of the Eleventh Doctor's first six episodes with an in-depth episode guide — including original storylines, deleted scenes, media appearances, ratings information and thousands of facts about the day-to-day life of the making of Doctor Who — all illustrated with gorgeous, never-before-seen photographs. This collector's edition examines The Eleventh Hour, The Beast Below, Victory of the Daleks, The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone and The Vampires of Venice, as well as the specially-made 3D cinema trailer.
This is your essential guide to worlds of Doctor Who.
Get ready to discover a wealth of information — but watch out for the cracks ...
- Just Like Starting Over
- It was the biggest shake-up since Doctor Who returned in 2005. We follow the events that led to new showrunner Steven Moffat's spectacular first series ...
Episode Guide Edit
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections
- 1.1 The Eleventh Hour
- 1.2 The Beast Below
- 1.3 Victory of the Daleks
- 1.4 & 1.5 The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone
- 1.6 The Vampires of Venice
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: John Ainsworth
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Design Assistant: Richard Atkinson
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Consultant: Steven Moffat
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additional details Edit
- This was the twenty-sixth in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- This standard sized, bound magazine had a cover price of £6.99 (UK).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #26 – The Doctor Who Companion: Series Five: Volume One.