Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cover date:||Autumn 2012|
|Format:||84 pages bound|
DWMSE 32 was the third and final volume in a mini-series within Doctor Who Magazine Special Edition that investigated the production of The Sarah Jane Adventures. This issue dealt with series 5 and the plans that never came to fruition because of the untimely death of Elisabeth Sladen. It was released on 16 August 2012.
Publisher's summary Edit
The ultimate guide to the exploits of the Doctor's most enduring companion in her own spin-off series – The Sarah Jane Adventures!
- Full production guides for the three Series Five SJA stories
- Details of the storylines for the unmade Series Five adventures
- Further plots and ideas for the stories that never were
- The full transcript of a 1993 interview with Elisabeth Sladen
Episode Guide Edit
(Each episode is given a synopsis, production details, broadcast and ratings details, full cast and crew credits, fact file, Radio Times coverage, script snippets and connections)
Series Five Edit
- Unmade stories
- 5.7 /5.8 Meet Mr Smith (full synopsis)
- 5.9 / 5.10 The Thirteenth Floor (partial synopsis of opening scenes only, with Russell T Davies indicating that the storyline is to be reused for an episode of Wizards vs Aliens and so could not be revealed)
- 5.11 / 5.12 The Battle for Bannerman Road (general description only, as the episode had not yet reached the outline/storyline stage at the time of Sladen's death)
The Untold Stories Edit
- Andrew Pixley and Russell T Davies examine untold SJA tales and what might have become of them. Major discussion includes unfulfilled plans for a 2010 Christmas special possibly guest-starring Tom Baker, a live 2011 Halloween episode, an animated episode featuring the return of Maria Jackson, and a Series 6 storyline featuring Sophie Aldred as Ace with a possible cameo by Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.
Elisabeth Sladen Edit
- Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Assistant Editor: Peter Ware
- Editorial Assistant: Mark Wright and John Ainsworth
- Designer: Peri Godbold
- Written and researched by Andrew Pixley
- Consultant: Russell T Davies
- Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
Additional details Edit
- This was the thirty-second in a series of quarterly specials given over to a specific Who-related theme.
- The cover proclaimed this publication as “The official guide to The Sarah Jane Adventures” with outlines to the unmade stories and contributions from head writer Russell T Davies.
- Researcher Andrew Pixley respectfully dedicates this overview of the stories to the memory of Elisabeth Sladen in gratitude for four decades of her wonderful adventures in space and time.
- This standard sized, bound magazine was printed in August 2012 and had a cover price of £4.99. (UK) It was published in North America on 12 September 2012 with a cover price of $12.99 (US).
- This issue had the indicia title of Doctor Who Special Edition #32 – The Sarah Jane Companion: Volume Three.