The 45th issue in a quarterly series of magazine releases by the publishers of Doctor Who Magazine from Panini UK looked at the previous year in review, the upcoming series 10, and the production of Class.
Publisher's summary Edit
to be added
- We put faces to some of the names working behind the scenes on the new series of Doctor Who.
- The creator, producers and cast of Class describe making the new Doctor Who spin-off series.
- Composer and lifelong Doctor Who fan Blair Mowat has given Class a distinctive sound.
- Pictures at an exhibition
- A year in the life of Cardiff's Doctor Who Experience with general manager Brad Kelly.
- Visual effects designer Mike Tucker has restored two of the Experience's most popular exhibits.
- Edward Russell reveals how he curated the Cartoon Museum's acclaimed exhibition of Target Books cover artwork.
- In October, English Heritage and the Doctor Who Appreciation Society paid special tribute to the late Jon Pertwee.
- Nick Briggs looks back over the Doctor Who stories released by Big Finish in 2016.
- Return to the Forbidden Planets
- Big Finish newcomer Jamie Anderson recalls how his famous father was initially reluctant for him to follow in his footsteps.
- The changes made to Doctor Who in 1966 had a profound and lasting impact on the series.
- Fifty years after the broadcast of The Power of the Daleks, the British Film Institute premièred an animated version of this lost story.
- BBC Audio's Michael Stevens has assembled an impressive repertory company of readers for the company's Doctor Who titles.
- In May, a panel of writers and editors spoke at the convention celebrating Doctor Who Magazine's 500th issue.
- Doctor Who podcasters from around the world explain their brand of do-it-yourself broadcasting.
- Toby Hadoke presents arguably the most ambitious Doctor Who podcast on the internet.
- The year's music releases included coloured vinyl, a lavish box set and a Delia Derbyshire rarity.
- The Greatest Fan Show in the Galaxy
- We visit Television Centre to spend the day with Chris Allen and Christel Dee of Doctor Who: The Fan Show.
- Regenerations, one of Britain's favourite Doctor Who conventions, made a welcome return in September.
- A complete rundown of the official Doctor Who books published in 2016.
- Reaction videos are a YouTube phenomenon – and some of the most popular "reactors" are watching Doctor Who...
- Tributes to the Doctor Who luminaries who passed away between December 2015 and November 2016.
- How a London-based charity built its own TARDIS as a random act of kindness.
- BBC Worldwide, UK Publishing