Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|DWMS Summer 1980|
|Cover date:||Summer 1980|
|Format:||52 pages stapled|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
DWMS Summer 1981
The Doctor Who Magazine Summer Special 1980 was published by Marvel Comics UK.
- "The Monsters of Doctor Who: Day of the Daleks" by B. Aldrich and G. Blows (reprinted from DWM 1)
- "The Monsters of Doctor Who: The Cybermen" by Gordon Blows (reprinted from DWM 2)
Comic content Edit
Interviews / Profiles Edit
A4 pin-ups Edit
- B&W William Hartnell 1963-1966
- B&W Patrick Troughton 1966-1969
- B&W Jon Pertwee 1970-1974
- B&W Tom Baker 1974 to present
Also featuring Edit
Additional details Edit
- With a cover heading of "Doctor Who Summer Special: The Best of Doctor Who Weekly", this first Summer Special offered no new material except for a cover by Dave Gibbons. Its material had all been seen before in the pages of the parent magazine.
- This was the first of many reprintings of the popular comic strip compilation of "The Iron Legion", Marvel Comics' first Doctor Who comic strip story. Unlike most subsequent "reprintings" — including the one in the 1985 Summer Special — this one was al monochromatic reprint rather than a colourized adaptation.
- This standard sized magazine was printed in June 1980 and had a cover price of 40p (UK)
- This issue had the indicia title of Dr Who Special.