The Doctor Who Magazine Tenth Anniversary Special celebrated the tenth anniversary of Doctor Who Magazine.
Comic content Edit
Archives (Retold by episode with Fact File) Edit
Interviews / Profiles Edit
A4 pin-ups Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Editor/Designer: John Freeman
- Paste-Up: Jacqui Papp
- Production: Julie Speller
- Advertising: Julie Hughes
- Adviser: John Nathan-Turner
- Magazine Group editor: Sheila Cranna
- Inspiration: Dez Skinn
- Writers this Issue: Jeremy Bentham, David Howe, Peter Anghelides, Justin Richards, Andrew Pixley, Dominic May, David Auger, Adrian Rigelsford, Paul Travers and Tim Hunter.
Additional details Edit
- Additional Input from DWM 156: The Black Orchid Archive feature caption should have read Ann Talbot not 'Ann Cranleigh', the portrait of Katy Manning was from Terror of the Autons not The Sea Devils. With regards to K-9 (featured in Travelling Companions), Dave Martin created K-9, a dog lover whose dogs were always getting run over, wanted to get one into the show, one that fought back! Robert Holmes realised the attraction and allocated money into a reuseable prop. There was time for K-9 to be included in stories immediately after The Invisible Enemy. Not needed in Horror of Fang Rock and Image of the Fendahl, he appeared in The Sunmakers which was recorded before Image of the Fendahl. Furthermore John Leeson appeared as Dugeen in The Power of Kroll not Thawn, who was played by Neil McCarthy.
- The article about Raymond Cusick includes a full page new design for the Daleks for the 1990s.
- This sixteenth Special from Marvel comics was a regular sized, perfect bound issue with a thicker cover and better quality paper, printed in October 1989. with a cover price of £2.50 (UK).
- The cover showed a variation using the same stock photo of Tom Baker posing with a Dalek, as used on the cover of DWM 1.