|DWMS The Dalek Chronicles|
|Cover date:||none; released: August 1994|
|Format:||108 stapled colour pages|
DWMS Summer 1994
DWMS Winter 1994
The Dalek Chronicles: A Doctor Who Magazine Summer Special was the official title of the Marvel UK reprint of TV Century 21's 104-part comic epic, The Dalek Chronicles. The reprinting tried to remain faithful to the original by prefacing the strips with what appeared to be a newspaper ripped from the 21st century. The Chronicles themselves were thus the "stories behind the headlines".
Although Doctor Who Magazine had printed occasional segments of the Chronicles from its very earliest issues, this magazine was the first occasion on which the entire TV Century 21 run had been reprinted. The issue remains the only source for the entire run, outside the original TV 21 issues themselves.
The work is often considered a stand-alone graphic novel. However, unlike The Age of Chaos, Dalek is, by indicia if not by common wisdom, the second DWM "Summer Special" of 1994.
- "The Dalek Chronicles Found!"
Comic content Edit
- Genesis of Evil
- Power Play
- Duel of the Daleks
- The Amaryll Challenge
- The Penta Ray Factor
- Plague of Death
- The Menace of the Monstrons
- Eve of the War‡
- The Archives of Phryne
- Rogue Planet‡
- The Terrorkon Harvest
- Legacy of Yesteryear
- Shadow of Humanity
- The Emissaries of Jevo
- The Road to Conflict
- ‡These stories have slightly different names in this collection than they receive in other publications. Their name is listed here as it is seen in this issue's table of contents.
Cover Art Edit
- The wrap-around cover by Ron Turner was new to this issue
- The front features a Dalek-Mechanoid battle
- The back features the Terrorkons, Humanoid Daleks, and the robot 2K
Credits for Marvel UK Edit
Editor: Gary Russell
Assistant Editors: Marcus Hearn & Warwick Gray
Designer: Gary Gilbert
Production: Julie Pickering & Mark Irvine
Front Cover: Ron Turner
Special Thanks: Bruce Campbell & Andrew Pixley
Original TV Century 21 story credits Edit
Written by: Terry Nation (credited for copyright), David Whitaker (actual author of all stories), with help from Alan Fennell ("Genesis of Evil" only)
Artists: Richard Jennings and Ron Turner ("The Archives of Phryne" by Eric Eden)
- Please see the individual stories' articles for a more precise allocation of credit.