|DWMS Winter 1993|
|Release date:||November 1993|
|Format:||68 stapled pages|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
DWMS Summer 1993
DWMS Summer 1994
The Doctor Who Magazine Winter Special of 1993 was a celebration of the 30th anniversary of Doctor Who. It was bigger than other issues of Doctor Who Magazine at that time, and included a retrospective on the entire history of the programme.
- These are the Seven Doctors
- The Other Doctors
- The William Hartnell Companions
- The Patrick Troughton Companions
- The Jon Pertwee Companions
- The Tom Baker Companions
- The Peter Davison Companions
- The Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy Companions
- The New Adventures — featuring synopses from Timewyrm: Genesys to Theatre of War
- The Comics - an overview of the history of the Doctor Who comic stories from The Klepton Parasites to Uninvited Guest. Included the important subsection "Interweaving with the New Adventures", the official DWM explanation for how their comic stories fit into the Virgin New Adventures continuity.
- Canonical? — featuring synopses of miscellaneous Doctor Who stories, such as the theatrical releases and stage productions
- The Monsters — a gallery containing basic facts on Daleks, Cybermen, Ice Warriors, Sontarans, Sea Devils/Silurians and the Abominable Snowmen
- The Villains — a gallery containing basic facts on the Master, the Rani, Borusa, Omega, the Monk, Black Guardian
Comic content Edit
Interviews / Profiles Edit
A4 Page Pin-ups Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Listings of all BBC Video releases and a list of all Missing episodes (up to November 1993)
- Editor: Gary Russell
- Associate Editor: Marcus Hearn
- Designers: Peri Godbold, Paul Chamberlain, Ed Lawrence, Gary Gilbert, Gary Knight, Mark Cox
- Consultants: Andrew Pixley, Adrian Rigelsford, David J. Howe
- Front Cover Photograph: ARAB
- Production: Julie Pickering, Chris McCormack, Mathew Hyde
- Promotions: Fiona Moscatelli
Additional details Edit
- This bumper special (priced £3.25 (UK)), was staple bound with a new, specially staged photograph.
- The wrap-around cover photograph featured a Dalek, Cyberman, Tetrap and the Seventh Doctor in a quarry!
- This title was a design tribute to the Radio Times Doctor Who 10th Anniversary Special 1973.
- The cover marked Doctor Who's thirtieth Anniversary by heralding the official thirtieth anniversary logo on the cover (a logo used across all merchandising 1993-94).