The 120th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of January 1987.
- Myths & Legends - in part two of this feature, Richard Marson traces the sources behind many popular Who stories from the Tom Baker era to the present, and explores how Who created its own mythology.
- Panopticon VII - the weekend of September 6th 1986 was not only memorable for the return of Doctor Who after its hiatus, it was also the date of the Doctor Who Appreciation Society's 10th anniversary convention.
Interviews / Profiles
Reviews - Off the Shelf
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Penny Holme
- Art Editor / Designer: Steve Cook
- Production: Alison Gill
- Advertising: Sally Benson
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- This issue has an extra eight colour pages. The price rose to £1.10 for this issue and the main cover photograph featuring a Cyberman was by Steve Cook.
- The Dalek poster advertised on the cover is a colour centrespread of the Daleks from the film Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. (1966).