|Cover date:||May 1987|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 124th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of May 1987. This issue was Sylvester McCoy's cover debut as the incoming Seventh Doctor. Despite the lack of a costume yet, McCoy is seen wearing his panama hat. It would become his own contribution to his Doctor's future look.
- The Cybermen - Part 2; during the Pertwee years, the Cybermen virtually disappeared from the series, but returned by popular demand with Tom Baker's Doctor. Stephen James Walker charts their development up until the present.
Comic content Edit
- The Gift - Part 2
- Archive Feature: TV: The Mind Robber (retelling by episode, no credits but a 'Fact File' by Richard Marson)
- Season Thirteen Flashback: many followers of the series call the second Tom Baker season the greatest in the show's history, combining excellent writing, acting, direction and a consistently high standard. Richard Marson recalls Doctor Who's Thirteenth Season with contributions from those who were involved and fans.
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions - Barbara Wright; an integral part of the first Doctor Who team, schoolteacher Barbara Wright combined vulnerability with a maturity and ability to cope with the Doctor.
- Gerry Davis Interviewed - Gerry Davis, Doctor Who script editor for nearly two years in the mid sixties, liked strong science fiction tales with morals and monsters, and was co-founder of the infamous Cybermen. Richard Marson caught up with him at his London home.
A4 pin-ups Edit
- Variation of the cover featuring the new team of Sylvester McCoy and Bonnie Langford. Photograph by Steve Cook
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
Also featuring Edit
- Pick of the Penguin (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Matrix Databank
- Forum: Could there be a lady Doctor? by Althea Fleming
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Penny Holme
- Art Editor / Designer: Steve Cook
- Production: Alison Gill
- Publisher: Stan Lee
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
Additional details Edit
- Pick of the Penguin is the alternative winner for renaming the letters Page.
- Forum is the first of an irregular series of controversial topics.
- Welcome aboard the Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy!
- This issue was priced 85p (UK) and the cover photograph was taken by Steve Cook from a publicity call for the Seventh Doctor.