|Cover date:||October 1987|
|Publisher:||Marvel Comics UK|
The 129th issue of Doctor Who Magazine had a cover date of October 1987. This was the last issue to use the Season 18 Doctor Who logo on the cover with the following issue using a stylised version of the logo that first appear in Season 24. Sylvester McCoy's costume as the Seventh Doctor also made its debut on the cover.
Comic content Edit
- The World Shapers - Part 3
- Archive Feature: TV: The Curse of Peladon (retelling by episode, no credits but a Fact File by Richard Marson)
Interviews / Profiles Edit
- Travelling Companions - Turlough; the enigmatic Turlough, introduced in Peter Davison's era, was a new style of companion. However, he never quite fulfilled his potential.
- Fiona Cumming Interview - starting out as assistant floor manager on The Massacre, Fiona Cumming has worked with all of the first five doctors, directing four of the most popular Davison stories. Richard Marson spoke to her about her time with the series.
A4 Pin-up Edit
- TV: Paradise Towers
Reviews - Off the Shelf Edit
- NOVELISATION: The Mysterious Planet by Robert Holmes adapted by Terrance Dicks (Target Books)
- NOVELISATION: Vengeance on Varos by Philip Martin (Target Books)
Also featuring Edit
- To the TARDIS (Letters)
- 'Doctor Who?' by Tim Quinn & Dicky Howett
- Gallifrey Guardian
- Matrix Databank
Credited credits: Edit
- Editor: Sheila Cranna
- Assistant Editor: Penny Holme
- Art Assistant: Gary Knight
- Production: Alison Gill
- Advertising: Donna Wickers
- Advisor: John Nathan-Turner
- Publisher: Stan Lee
Further information Edit
- Oh dear, the two page Monster Quiz is just that, word search, photo IDs and word puzzles that have probably have been held over since the days of Doctor Who Weekly!
- This issue's cover price was £1 (UK).